I am doing autumn colours. Gold, orange, rusts, etc. I love warm colours and wanted to do this to match my bedroom which is in red and gold. I'll take a photo soon to share my progress.

Sounds lovely. Rich colors like that are always beautiful together. I know that your creation is going to be wonderful. I can hardly wait to see a picture of it.

I only have a couple of items that I've crocheted. I'm on of those folks that gives all my crochet creations away. I mostly have done baby afghans and big afghans too. Years ago I made several southern bell dolls for a lot of our female family members for Christmas. And of I've made the air freshener dolls and quite a few other things...
It's really quite relaxing and fulfilling to make gifts.

I have trouble with the tension still, oh I can pretty much crochet evenly, but sometimes I do tend to get carried away and my emotions will either cause me to crochet to tight or to loose. I find myself ripping out and re-doing. lol I don't try to be perfect in my crocheting but I do try to get it to look somewhat uniform.

When I attach squares together I kind of stretch them to be closer the same size and then work in the stitches as close as possible to make an even flat seam. Normally the sizing in the yarn will help give it a more flat look after I wash it once.

Adding edgings is always an ordeal for me. I do not enjoy it. My edgings always turns out poofy looking in spots. Nope, I haven't mastered that part yet. I suppose I never shall. lol

I'll try and take some pictures soon... well the next sunny day... lol my camera is so finicky about inside shots.