Guys<br /><br />Please back to the topic<br /><br />Issue here is UBI are signing customers to a 6 month contract for Balkan services for Channels they dont have/never had legal rights to sell.<br /><br />Customers will cry foul at Consumer Affairs in January when TV+ finally exercise all their rights..<br /><br />Liski what is actually being said over there in UBI.. there must be some disharmony with all the facts out there you cant tell me you believe management with what is being said here and the proof on the content providers web sites and the constant ticker bars on the content providers broadcasts that TV+ is the company...<br /><br />How come no where can you see UBI is the exclusive provider.. or even the provider...<br /><br />Seriously when will UBI stop stealing customers money cause all the UBI management should be held responsible for misleading and deceptice conduct for every UBI application that goes out to customers with the "Balkan" package on it.. and UBI should be held accountable to TV+ and the Content Provider for licence fees and loss of revenue due to UBI's dishonest actions.<br /><br />I challenge any UBI rep not just Liski but someone senior in Management so come on here and answer UBI customers demands.. otherwise in the new year I will be off to Consumer Affairs demanding a investigation into how a company can sell a service and force customers to signup to a 6mth term for something UBI has no rights to sell..<br /><br />Come on where is the UBI Management responsible for stealing Balkans money as well as the Spanish customers for TVC....<br /><br />I am waiting here by the computer... and will get grey hairs waiting...cause nobody from UBI got the balls to come here and answer to my statments..