|
|
|
0 members (),
1,345
guests, and
25
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
|
|
|
|
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
|
4
|
5
|
6
|
7
|
8
|
9
|
10
|
|
11
|
12
|
13
|
14
|
15
|
16
|
17
|
|
18
|
19
|
20
|
21
|
22
|
23
|
24
|
|
25
|
26
|
27
|
28
|
29
|
30
|
31
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
Volcano earthquake report for Wednesday, 7 October 2026
• M 1.2 - 10 km SSW of Idyllwild, CA
• M 1.7 - 10 km W of Boonville, CA
• M 2.4 - 6 km SE of Chickasha, Oklahoma
• M 1.5 - 1 km WNW of Loma Linda, CA
• M 1.5 - 49 km SSE of Tanana, Alaska
• M 1.7 - 8 km ESE of Prunedale, CA
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 95,828
Launch Director
|
|
Launch Director
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 95,828 |
The Greatest 40th Birthday
I turned forty not so long ago, and was kind of sad that nothing much was happening to mark that year of my life. I was hoping that my life was going to give me something for my birthday.
Then, a few months later, I was offered a job in Kuwait. I went there and started working as a teacher. Months passed, and then something remarkable happened. I started seeing the number 40 everywhere I went -- on posters, on flags hanging from buildings -- everywhere. Then I learned that it was the 40th anniversary of Kuwait's Independence.
As weeks went by, the country changed to a very festive mood. Skyscrapers had windows lit up in sich a way that a number 40 would be formed. Electric garlands were all around the city. Fireworks were being shot into the air. 40! 40! 40! I had pictures, placards and billboards scream at me every place I went. I was 40 years old, on the other side of the world, walking around in daze among the biggest birthday bash I could ever have.
I did not know anything about Kuwait before I went there, much less that our birthdays coincided.
|
|
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
|
|
Forums60
Topics862,367
Posts897,162
Members2,960
| |
Most Online102,106 Jul 10th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|