Hi Frank,<p>I would suggest buying the XMS-750, its $329.00 AUD from Strathfield Car Radio's. I like the 750 as it definately plays ANY zone, plays every format, etc, etc<p>Get a 12VDC inverter. I got one for $29.00 USD in the states. I will have to check the DVD spec (probbably best for you to look online and get the power comsumption), then you can make sure the inverter is big enough to power it.<p>Get a 12VDC Colour TV. You could get a 240V one, but I feel the DVD + TV means a big expensive inverter []images/icons/default/frown.gif" border="0[/] <p>Only problem I forsee is any DVD player is a 'fixture' and not intended for 'mobile' use, so if your driving I would expect drop outs ()like early CD players) []images/icons/default/frown.gif" border="0[/] <p>The DVD spec is so tight that vibrations from driving will cause problems, but if the XMS-750 skips, then your screwed at its the most tolerant of all machines.<p>Only thing to suggest is if you want it while driving is use a VHS tape player (player only they are cheap).<p>If you got source DIVX files you are going to convert to SVCD for the player (and yes that works great, SVCD is cool!), you can tape it to VHS.<p>If you really worried about quality, maybe I suggest SVHS, but the machines are much dearer and tapes more expensive, but you got 400 line quality []images/icons/default/smile.gif" border="0[/] <p>Basically yes its feasible easily, but disc skipping I feel will be the worst problem. The specs are not detailed enough to go into vibration and microphonics []images/icons/default/frown.gif" border="0[/] <p>Hope this helps?