The following is NOT to cause an argument, but simply a FYI for anyone concerned with what was posted here; http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/...Number=29295&page=0&vc=1<br /><br />I can report that finally today I received my new UBI box, and the installer said he was not going to ask for my MDS box because he had encountered some serious trouble with a client he had installed last week, and so was not going to get involved with collecting boxes anymore, and said that he was on a tight schedule to finish by the 15th June.<br /><br />So I called UBI again to inquire about this "possible fee" clause, and the CCC Rep I spoke to, told me they only just realised the clause was worded in such a way a few days ago (although I called about weeks ago) and to ignore it, as it is wrong, as they are only primary concerned that clients must return the NEW box if they leave the service, which is fair enough with me.<br /><br />She said she would put some notes under my account stating she has assured me this will NOT happen, so I suppose if it ever did I would be covered to some leniant extent I suppose. She also said she would pass on a message to the appropriate department, about potentially making this known to all other customers, perhaps with their monthly invoices, considering this document is legally binding even though she assured me it was an incorrectly phrased statement.<br /><br />Hope this settles anyone curious about this issue.<br /><br />RATLSNAKE