One of my favourite movies is Pan's Labyrinth.

Trailer

I waited for Pan's Labyrinth to come out on one of the movie channels so I saw it only a few months ago. It was even more than I had hoped it would be from the little trailers I had seen. I was delighted and spellbound throughout. The "fairytale" portion of the movie was set and sandwiched within a fascinating story of Spanish guerrillas fighting the oppressive Franco regime. Normally I would not be that keen on war topics, but this was so much about human nature, control, power and corruption, that it totally maintained my interest.

The story within this story is of the young girl Ofelia finding her inner self (in an underground world), or at least that is my take. In fact, like most movies I find myself drawn to, the "fantasy" part of this movie was very real to me. The analogies and symbols Ofelia encountered were so closely matched to my personal experiences, that my jaw literally kept dropping throughout and I found myself brimming with emotion and utterly transported.

Like the movie The Golden Compass where people's souls walked beside them as animals (and I have seen my soul as various animals at times) to me it was quite literal and real as if the movie makers channelled a reality I experience, or maybe I have stumbled into theirs. Either way. thumbsup

The Golden Compass... (pasted from a previous post I made)

In numerous books I have read and hold dear as truth, spiritual adepts have said that fiction is truth and that huge epics that appeal to the masses are ways of revealing and integrating other related realities. Tolkien's work, Lucas's Star Wars, The Narnia Chronicles, etc., etc.

And on that note, I saw The Golden Compass on Sunday. And through several parts in the movie, much to my resistance, tears flowed freely down my face. I was so moved by some of the concepts in this story, especially by the idea of the animal spirits that walked beside the humans ...

I also experienced amazing sychronicities in seeing the movie. Just the night before I had dreamed I was traveling with my white dog and we were interacting just like the people and daemons in the movie. And I had spontaneously drawn an elf like entity in my visual journal the night before that looked very much like one of the characters in the movie. There were lots of other small things, but like most synchroncities, they were so personal that to explain them they seem strange, vague and grasping. But it was magical for me and I was sooo moved by that movie and all the synchronicities on Sunday.

[Linked Image]