Originally Posted by memberx
How good is the picture resolution on UBI for Balkan channels.
What is the resolution and a bit rate?

Is it possible to use a decoder with more decent video output like HDMI or Component for viewing on larger digital panel?

Is UBI broadcasting channels in real time or delayed?

I don't want to sign up with UBI if the service is not significantly improved from the crap TV plus is/was providing.

Thanks

I am not sure about TVPLUS but I have subscribed to UBI the other day and I can say that TV pink extra and BN used to be a bit better quality when UBI initially had them...I think the bit rate should be increased...
In terms of the boxes not much choice they only give composite out no hdmi or component out frown very sad in this regard as I think the picture would be much better...There is also issue with lip sync on Hayat pink Extra and Bn and some Portugese channels...Picutre is ahead of sound...other channels such as turkish or greek do not suffer this problem.

All in all happy with UBI and I can see they can do much better than any other ethnic tv company and will bring more channels in the future..hopefully some english channels such as national geo or discovery....