On their way to get married, a young couple are involved in a fatal car accident. The couple find themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting, they begin to wonder: Could they possibly get married in Heaven?<br />When St. Peter shows up, they asked him. St. Peter says, "I don't know.<br />This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he leaves.<br /><br />The couple sat and waited for an answer ... for a couple of months.<br />While they waited, they discussed that IF they were allowed to get married in Heaven, SHOULD they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all.<br />What if it doesn't work they wondered. Are we stuck together FOREVER?<br /><br />After yet another month, St. Peter finally returns, looking somewhat bedraggled. "Yes," he informs the couple, "you CAN get married in Heaven."<br /><br />"Great!" said the couple, "But we were just wondering, what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"<br /><br />St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slams his clipboard onto the ground.<br />"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple. "OH, COME ON!!" St. Peter shouts, "It took me three months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take me to find a lawyer?"