AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
Total solar eclipse 2024: Live updates
by Webmaster - Thu 28 Mar 2024 05:26:PM
Lego NASA Mars Rover Perseverance review
by Webmaster - Thu 28 Mar 2024 04:00:PM
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26754 Wed 21 Mar 2001 01:23:AM
S
Astronaut Level 2
OP Offline
Astronaut Level 2
S
Welcome everybody to the Australian Drag Racing scene.<P>Here we may be able to keep up with the new drag strip being built at Eastern Creek.<P>The new strip in WA seems to have taken off like wild fire.<P>Talking around the body builders around the Sydney area, it seems that they are just about all flat out building full on drag race frames and bodies ready for the opening.<P>A dedicated strip promises lots of action for Sydney with the return of the big boys (Top fuel, Wild Bunch etc.)<p>[This message has been edited by Stan White (edited 20 March 2001).]

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
#26755 Wed 21 Mar 2001 05:22:AM
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stan White:<BR><B>Welcome everybody to the Australian Drag Racing scene.<P>Here we may be able to keep up with the new drag strip being built at Eastern Creek.<P>The new strip in WA seems to have taken off like wild fire.<P>Talking around the body builders around the Sydney area, it seems that they are just about all flat out building full on drag race frames and bodies ready for the opening.<P>A dedicated strip promises lots of action for Sydney with the return of the big boys (Top fuel, Wild Bunch etc.)<P>[This message has been edited by Stan White (edited 20 March 2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

#26756 Wed 21 Mar 2001 05:36:AM
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Hi there. <P>I'm from Perth and have been to the new drag track at the Motorplex. It is a great track. Potentially one of the best in the world, the lay out is great both for competitors and spectators. There have been some great time run there, with a lot of PBs in all classes.<P>The new track in Sydney will be a great boost to the sport. <P>I'm looking forward to having my FED ready to race in modified next season at Kwinnana. I've got the chassis, just about to get the motor & trans and start building.<P>Peter, <BR>

#26757 Wed 21 Mar 2001 07:39:PM
S
Astronaut Level 2
OP Offline
Astronaut Level 2
S
Hi petmac,<P>Yes I recently seen the new track on C7 sports, it looks great, the return track infront of the crowd is a plus. The new track agrees with the top group, Victor Bray setting yet another world record there.<P>I am also working on my car, well have been for the last 3 years. Keep changing my mind on setup though. My car is a Datsun 260Z with Chrysler 340 small block blown with 6/71 and injected, in the process of fitting a 4 link 9" at the moment.<P>Cheers,<P>Stan.

#26758 Thu 22 Mar 2001 03:03:AM
Assistant Launch Director
Assistant Launch Director
Stan<BR>Its good to see tech heads are also rev heads I dragged at Castlereagh drags between 1970 to 1986 I have 1007 time cards my street driven HQ 2 door Monaro raced in B/Street for sreet legal cars Fastest run was 12.92sec for 1/4 mile ,street tyres, street exhaust,with air cleaner on !! the car is a mongrel to drive on the street 11 to 1 comp hates the new leaded petrol plus only has 308 cubes on a heavy car 3620lbs. It still looks like brand new although its 30 yrs old ..Only been on wet road no more than 2 times in the last 25 years, 14 inches of rubber on rear 10 inches on fronts (genuine US Centerline Rims) I am 50 with a bald head and when I drove it on the weekend It still turns heads wherever I take it Plus it gives me a HARD on !!!!

#26759 Thu 22 Mar 2001 06:20:AM
S
Astronaut Level 2
OP Offline
Astronaut Level 2
S
Hi P Debono,<P>The good old HQ they are a fairly good old car, I liked the HJ LE version best.<P>I have a big heavy tank too, Have a VK Valiant 4 door with 340 warmed a bit, raced it in super street a bit, pulls low 12's, best time to date has been a 12.17. Just can't quite get it into the 11's. New fuel injected 360 going in soon, that may push the beast into low 11's. It too is a bit on the heavy side, 1550KG's with the 9".<P>Petrol sux these days, the val is running 12:1 slugs, no hope on super, pings at 2000 rpm just for crusin I use Optimax with Nulon Octane Booster, gets me 5000 RPM without pings, get serious and in goes the VP C12, but at $3.80 per litre, not a crusin fuel, Avgas works well but its a worry when the EPA start sniffin ya tanks.<P><BR>I went to the last 2 meetings at Castlereagh, shame to see it go, was out in the middle of nowhere for years, then they sub devide and shut it down. Better watch what we are saying here or everyone will start saying we are a bunch of old farts <P>If I can work out how to post a pic of my Val in a message I will do so, its a smick looking car <P>Cheers,<P><BR>Stan.<BR>

#26760 Tue 27 Mar 2001 01:53:AM
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
Good to see a new aussie site up. Also very happy to see that pentastar. I race a hemi six powered Hillman(yes Hillman) Hunter street/drag car.Know all about the fuel probs but always run avgas. Runs 12.4 without the N20 & 11.7 with 50h.p. Ran the Nationals at Calder and went 3 rounds so there's hope for me yet.

#26761 Tue 27 Mar 2001 06:11:AM
S
Astronaut Level 2
OP Offline
Astronaut Level 2
S
2THEMAX,<P>How the hell did you stuff a hemi in the hillman, there is bairly enough room in there for the old 4 cyl. You must have 2 pots through the firewall. What are you running for a diff ?<P>My old man has a hillman hunter, I just can't imagine one of them going very fast <P>The good old 265 can pump out some serious power with not a lot done to it. How did you go for head gaskets with high compression ? Did you go solid copper and O ringing the block ?<P>My 340 with 12.5:1 blew head gaskets like they are going out of style when I his the NO2 button, O Ringing and solid copper fixed the problem <P>Cheers,<P><BR>Stan.<BR>

#26762 Thu 29 Mar 2001 07:28:AM
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
The engine actually fits well, the back of it is level with the back of the bonnet. The rest of the driveline( and I'm not making this up) is a B/W 35 trans and the original Hillman diff. Have included a link to the page it is .http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/2863/brouggy.htm

#26763 Tue 17 Apr 2001 07:26:AM
F
Astronaut Level 3
Astronaut Level 3
F
Boy this really is the old man's page..<P>While were at it, I used to be in the pit crew for a chap called Bob Honeybrook in the mid 80's in Syd. We ran an alchol powered dragster, running a 426 hemi and a lenco. Got 7.4 out of it, and it was a heavy dragster. <P>Personally I went through 3, 360 Chrysler by Chryslers, including the now rare two door..<P>Then again the chief mechanic in our pit crew drove a factory 426 GTX Plymouth as a street car, lucky bastard...!! <P>cheers Frank..

#26764 Fri 27 Apr 2001 01:28:AM
R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
hey guys,<P>I'm only new to drag racing cause I just got my license but my brother drags alot and we even have a team setup. It's called LethalRacing. I'm going to be driving in it when I get the chance.<P>My cars a Subaru Impereza (seriously) 99 version. I removed the old engine and scratch built a brand new V8 Supercharged Big Block Chevy Engine in it. Runs the 1/4 mile in 8.50.. I've really customized this baby and I'm hoping to run it at the new track near the opening. It should be a good day.

Moderated by  Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 3,311
Alisa 379
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics680,797
Posts715,405
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting