AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 341 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#50256 Wed 20 Oct 2010 12:40:PM
Launch Director
OP Offline
Launch Director
The aussiefrogs.com server suffered a serious crash and thus far we are still trying recover the server.

aus-city.com is taking all the web traffic for aussiefrogs.com until its resolved.

If its going to continue for a while we can setup some forums here for aussiefrogs until its resolved.

David Cottle

UBB Owner & Administrator
AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
Webmaster #50259 Wed 20 Oct 2010 08:22:PM
G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
Originally Posted by Webmaster
The aussiefrogs.com server suffered a serious crash and thus far we are still trying recover the server.

aus-city.com is taking all the web traffic for aussiefrogs.com until its resolved.

If its going to continue for a while we can setup some forums here for aussiefrogs until its resolved.

Firstly, Thank you David for sharing your space...

Just a note to our Aussiefrog members, as has been noted we have a serious glitch. Everything that can be done to remedy the situation is being done, fingers crossed we will be back (one way or another) soon.

Cheers
Chris

Webmaster #50261 Wed 20 Oct 2010 08:30:PM
Launch Director
OP Offline
Launch Director
Absolutely, everything is being done rest assured!

I am going to set up some AF specific forums in their own AF category and kick AF right into there.

That will help. I know its a pain having to re-register. All I could think of doing is offering aus-city.com since it is operational, handy and working as at least a means members can get together.

I will have to set up some moderators. Anyone needing help, please email me directly:

webmaster@aus-city.com

I am working to get AF back in every way possible.

Its certainly tested me for emergency measures of handing DNS / email as well as http redirects and requests!

David Cottle

Webmaster #50262 Wed 20 Oct 2010 08:52:PM
C
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
C
[Linked Image]

Webmaster #50263 Wed 20 Oct 2010 09:25:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
I strongly recommend against any form of work to get a pseudo AF operational. It would be better to get the issue fixed rather than hive off separate conversations. I think the Aussie French car community can survive a couple of days without our regular fixes.

Perhaps in the meantime we should go and care for our cars?

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
Webmaster #50265 Wed 20 Oct 2010 09:57:PM
H
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
H
First of all, a very large thank you to David Cottle and Aus-City for pulling us from the wreckage of a crash and burn, so to speak. Second, I see UFO's point, but I rather think the realization has been made that the server gods need to be appeased every so often. In the meantime, we will get by. Third, this looks like a pretty neat site. I'm going to have to poke around a bit.

Webmaster #50267 Wed 20 Oct 2010 10:26:PM
Launch Director
OP Offline
Launch Director
For now, I have opened a general AF discussion forum.

http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1

I will post any news as it comes to hand.

David Cottle

Webmaster #50269 Wed 20 Oct 2010 10:44:PM
V
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
V
Just found you, thanks guys.

Anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm pretty at home with bash scripting etc, if we need to repair databases etc etc...

Good luck!

David. (Moderator, Renault forum, Aussiefrogs.)

Webmaster #50270 Wed 20 Oct 2010 10:50:PM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Thanks Dave for doing this.

Well folks it's official, all our data is lost. One click on the account auto / manual renew on the godaddy site admin & the whole server & FTP backup has been deleted instantly. They must have a link problem on their page.

I will commence creating a new forum tonight.

Also thinking I will be going down the litigation path with godaddy so if anyone has experience with going up against American firms please get in contact.

I am so sorry about this. I've been physically ill today & no sleep last night, same expected tonight at least...

Webmaster #50271 Wed 20 Oct 2010 11:00:PM
A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
Bloody computers do not fret GIB GIB all will fall into place the data base must be backed up somewhere.
My battery terminals are so shiney I can see my face in them bwave

gibgib #50274 Wed 20 Oct 2010 11:28:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Surely Gerry, there is some form of un delete utility ?

I just makes one realise how vulnerable data on HDD!

Gerry I read your post completely about being physically ill. Mate it's not worth it - feeling that way is no help to you or any AFers.

Life goes on - accidents happen- nobody is hurt or injured - it's sad but recoverable with the help of the members.

At the moment the situation looks hopeless. But hopefully GO Daddy will try to assist with recovery if humanly possible.

Last edited by robmac; Wed 20 Oct 2010 11:35:PM.
robmac #50275 Wed 20 Oct 2010 11:35:PM
E
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
E
Thanks to all involved in attempting to get AF back on our feet.

GG if there's anything I can do let me know.

I went out to check on the French cars I so often write about and to my horror see they have all rusted to nothing...

I gotta get out more often.

Peter

Webmaster #50278 Thu 21 Oct 2010 01:12:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Hello all, I'm Kaye from aussiefrogs. Tired of my old pen name (okalford) I joined up with sunshine77, being such a sunny perfect day, weather-wise at least.

I am very sorry to hear about the data loss and only hope there may be better news for some retrieval. You still have a lot of the resources, the good people of AF to help build the new board. Some may have saved some of their posts. All cannot be lost.

And thanks also to the people that have made sharing here possible, an interesting forum with some good topics.

Last edited by sunshine77; Thu 21 Oct 2010 01:13:AM.

Kaye
Webmaster #50280 Thu 21 Oct 2010 02:26:AM
M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M
So sorry to hear about this, Gerry. You have my sympathies for all you're going through.

Thanks to David for allowing us to use this forum as an interim measure for us 'refugees'.

Hopefully it can be recovered, but if not then it will mean we will just have to go out and work on our cars so we can post the details and rebuild the site.

I'm pretty sure that if it came down to having to pay for professional data recovery, a lot of us here would be willing to chip in to help.

Good luck with it all. I know you're doing all you can.

Matt

gibgib #50282 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:46:AM
X
xTc Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
X
Originally Posted by gibgib
Well folks it's official, all our data is lost. One click on the account auto / manual renew on the godaddy site admin & the whole server & FTP backup has been deleted instantly. They must have a link problem on their page.

WOW ... I know how you feel GG, as it reminds me of an incident at work when 3 months of data got corrupted (hardware fault) .. trouble was the backups were corrupted as well (they were just backing up corrupt data - garbage in garbage out) .... a week 24/7 to rebuild the data (by replaying all the messages) - a lot of overtime, a lot of overnight work.

Be sad to see the "knowledge" lost, but some may say it was time to clean shop as a S/N ratio was getting higher.

At least there will be more cars / partners getting attention this weekend. Maybe a big new batch of froglets will arrive in July 2011. LOL

Best of luck re: recovery, we'll all live.

XTC

Webmaster #50283 Thu 21 Oct 2010 04:46:AM
F
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
F
same sentiments here gib-gib, and - i for one welcome our new masters, etc
btw this may be of interest - from another place i frequented until recently ;

" Hello from AutoPuzzles!

As you have no doubt noticed, the AutoPuzzles forum is down. GoDaddy, the hosting service, has, without warning, put a CPU-usage limit in place, which our volume of image files has overwhelmed. This was not an issue before the migrated us to the new server in the past few days (their idea, not ours).

Charlie (Ultra) is working to get the site moved to a new hosting company, but this will take time. The Forums may be back online as soon as today. Charlie asks that inquiries be directed to me (e-mail below), as the database backup and rebuilding take a lot of time and concentration. We ask for two favors from you:

Please share this message with any AutoPuzzles members with whom you correspond.
Please watch this page for updates.
We appreciate your patronage and membership at the AutoPuzzles site, and look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Otto Puzzell

Karn.Utz@gmail.com "

( why couldn't this happen to something useless like faecebook, instead ?)

Last edited by fnqvmuch; Thu 21 Oct 2010 04:55:AM. Reason: i always do that
sunshine77 #50292 Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:01:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by sunshine77
Hello all, I'm Kaye from aussiefrogs. Tired of my old pen name (okalford) I joined up with sunshine77, being such a sunny perfect day, weather-wise at least.

I am very sorry to hear about the data loss and only hope there may be better news for some retrieval. You still have a lot of the resources, the good people of AF to help build the new board. Some may have saved some of their posts. All cannot be lost.

And thanks also to the people that have made sharing here possible, an interesting forum with some good topics.

Hi Kaye, Rob, UFO, Greenblood, gibgib, and whatsisname, errm, Workshy B'stard I think he called himself, and the rest of you criminals. The lengths some folk will go to, to shake off us pesky poms never ceases to amaze. Anyway, no prizes for guessing who I am.

Bugger. I'd just bought some nice new suspendies for the goldfroggers ball!

Easy to say from where I'm sitting Gerry, but try not to let it get you down. Like Robmac says, t'aint like anyones been hurt.

And thanks to whoever's in charge of this place. I must admit I haven't a bloody clue where I am.

Maybe we should run a book on who'll get the first deleted post.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mimis_dad #50293 Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:12:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Thanks Mike,

It's good to lighten up a bit after reality has hit.

To other 'Frggers suggest we post here: http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1

To avoid clogging the general section of Host Forum with our stuff...

cheers

Rob

Webmaster #50295 Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:31:AM
H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Firstly, thanks Dave for your quazie hosting of AF>
Gerry, don't stress mate, it's all good and as the others have mentioned, please don't let this get you physically down.It's a shame the vast knowledge base built over the years and hopefully there is something that can be done to reclaim some of it.
We're all behind you in your efforts to get the forum back and running and I am sure whatever action or direction you have to take, we'll all be satisfied with the outcome.
Geez GB, you probably don't need this hassle either on top of shifting business premises.
Good luck to all involved and a big thank-you from me.

Webmaster #50301 Thu 21 Oct 2010 01:02:PM
G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
Damn Hard drives....once they crash it's anybody's guess if anything can be recovered.
My back up drive crashed and I only lost all of the things I wanted to keep.
DVD back up is the way to go...

Thanks everyone for all your efforts to keep the Frogger site happening.

Cheers....George 1/8th

(PS...GEEZ this site was pedantic about the registration process...it took me about 10 goes to register...I nearly chucked it in...)

Webmaster #50304 Thu 21 Oct 2010 01:52:PM
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
i won't repeat what i sent to Chris yesterday when i found out but even that was the tame version of what i was thinking

i was all excited after the weekend as i did some more work to the 604 and it's getting closer to hitting the road again

i had /have pics ready to go and then nothing

i had the same feeling a few weeks ago when i went to the fridge to grab a beer and there were none left

pugrambo #50306 Thu 21 Oct 2010 02:30:PM
G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
Originally Posted by pugrambo
i won't repeat what i sent to Chris yesterday when i found out but even that was the tame version of what i was thinking

i was all excited after the weekend as i did some more work to the 604 and it's getting closer to hitting the road again

i had /have pics ready to go and then nothing

i had the same feeling a few weeks ago when i went to the fridge to grab a beer and there were none left

haha, your text was mild compared to some of the expletives that went through my head... what can ya' do!! - if we all search our own hard drives etc. with the view to rebuilding the lost years, AF can and will survive, our membership will see to that.

It's not looking good, Go-Daddy are not at all sympathetic to our plight, several phone calls and emails are hitting a brick wall. We are searching for the most recent backup we have that will form the basis of the rebuild. At best it looks like we have lost at least 4 years of data (at best!!).

...more later

Cheers
Chris

Webmaster #50307 Thu 21 Oct 2010 02:36:PM
Z
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
Z
Hi All

There's a copy here:
Wayback Machine http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.aussiefrogs.com/

It may not be complete but it goes back as far as 18AUG2000

Good luck!

Webmaster #50308 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:02:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
The blog site belonging to godaddy owner Bob Parsons. Care to leave a comment on it?

http://www.bobparsons.me/index.php

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
Webmaster #50309 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:03:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
to quote the site

Throughout his entrepreneurial career, Parsons' business philosophy has been to create low-priced, feature-rich products combined with the highest levels of customer service.

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
UFO #50310 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:21:PM
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
Originally Posted by UFO
to quote the site

Throughout his entrepreneurial career, Parsons' business philosophy has been to create low-priced, feature-rich products combined with the highest levels of customer service.

ok let's bend him over and shove a floppygo up there

that should show him our appreciation of his customer service

also no loss of any quality being the loss of a floppygo laugh

Webmaster #50311 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:24:PM
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
ok

had a quick look at his site

she's a bit of alright but he's a tosser

Webmaster #50314 Thu 21 Oct 2010 03:49:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Might get the AF data back before we insert the floppy though.

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
UFO #50316 Thu 21 Oct 2010 05:08:PM
G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
Originally Posted by UFO
Might get the AF data back before we insert the floppy though.

...ahhh, humour, teehee

Thanks for lightening the mood Craig, sheesh we need it alcohol

Cheers
Chris

Webmaster #50317 Thu 21 Oct 2010 05:08:PM
Launch Director
OP Offline
Launch Director
Godaddy their customer support is just crap! When I had my dedicated server there, any damn issue had to go to advanced support.

I ended up becoming a expert in redhat / centos / fedora due to the crap support. I pulled the plug there 4 years ago.

This server is located right near me. I maintain it myself both physically and software, even build own packages.

Godaddy just lost the plot, just like trying to get Telstra to do anything that is outside the box, problem is godaddy the box is a point!

I never heard of a system that deletes everything including the seperate backup server due to a billing preference change.

My tanglement with godaddy resolved around a firewall, that I found only allowed 10 consecutive IPs to be used at once, the server had 20. I fought as it did not say this (does now thanks to me) but they had to get cisco to expand it. Other silly issues here and there - so I left.

Crazy thing is, I was going to setup a rsync from AF to my server, and do a monthly sync. If it was done it could have been restored to a monthly backup point.

Just I had so much on it was set for this week coming frown

David Cottle

Webmaster #50321 Thu 21 Oct 2010 05:42:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Do you think we should put posts on his blog site to see if we can attract some attention?

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
Webmaster #50323 Thu 21 Oct 2010 07:16:PM
I
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
I
Nobody tell Shane we're here, I think he overloaded the server smile

Stu

Webmaster #50325 Thu 21 Oct 2010 07:54:PM
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
just let Shane fix it

he fixes everything else he touches :P

Webmaster #50327 Thu 21 Oct 2010 08:18:PM
H
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
H
So. Does this mean that the shiny new, sooper-sekrit Gold Frogger forum has been postponed? pillowfight

Webmaster #50328 Thu 21 Oct 2010 08:37:PM
A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
oh how exciting! no doubt the site history can be recovered from one of those archive-the-whole-internet things, as was referred to in an earlier post. even if not, however, it doesnt really matter; have years of old posts is like having a history of your own emails - it is comforting to know it is there, but it is rarely looked at.

you cant relive history by having a record of it.

alexander.

Webmaster #50329 Thu 21 Oct 2010 09:28:PM
E
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
E

Okay, okay I give up. What WAS this gold forum?

I know, if I have to ask I shouldn't know... But to all intents and purposes AF has ceased to exist - well for the time being anyway - so you can tell me!

Please!!!

Where was it and what was its purpose?

EX

Exfrogger #50330 Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:28:PM
H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Originally Posted by Exfrogger

Okay, okay I give up. What WAS this gold forum?

I know, if I have to ask I shouldn't know... But to all intents and purposes AF has ceased to exist - well for the time being anyway - so you can tell me!

Please!!!

Where was it and what was its purpose?

EX

Hey Pete,
Think it was Di musing or smoozing maybe after a night on the red? teehee I'm with you, lets just hope Gerry and co can resuscitate the A/F we all knew.

HKP #50331 Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:37:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
I wonder how much of Forum could recovered from Goggle Cache?

Do Google have back ups of previous expired caches?

Some of these Companies that give hit stats must have some form of back-up

Clutching at straws a bit, but I'll put into the cooking pot.

Webmaster #50333 Fri 22 Oct 2010 12:12:AM
V
VWM Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
V
Yay I found you all!!!
I was having serious withdrawals!!!
Let hope we can get some data back.
At least the Renault forum anyway!!
viragewagonman

Webmaster #50335 Fri 22 Oct 2010 12:29:AM
J
jp Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
J
Bummer about the site going down.
Good luck with getting it back online guys.

My fuego is fully finished and back on the road after the accident.
It looks great too, even if I say so myself.
I've landed a spare in the mean time, Pugrambo, do ya want it??

Jp

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 2,927
Alisa 534
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics683,495
Posts718,103
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting