AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
SPC Apr 23, 2024 Day 4-8 Severe Weather Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 09:01:AM
SPC Apr 23, 2024 0730 UTC Day 3 Severe Thunderstorm Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 07:33:AM
SPC Day 2 Fire Weather Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 06:31:AM
SPC Day 1 Fire Weather Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 06:30:AM
SPC Apr 23, 2024 0600 UTC Day 2 Convective Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 05:53:AM
SPC Apr 23, 2024 0600 UTC Day 1 Convective Outlook
by Webmaster - Tue 23 Apr 2024 05:17:AM
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
alexander #50490 Sat 23 Oct 2010 04:44:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Bummer....they only got one post in...maybe I just should have lurked for a couple of days to see what mayhem they created.
and such a benign post at that too! (think I got off very lightly!...no where near as bad as impersonation of Sanks!)

Thanks for the offer of a bikini Rob...but it's still a bit too cold down here for that. snow

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
F
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
F
suppose it wouldn't be a proper French car forum if it didn't break down... bricks

E
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
E
Originally Posted by Australdi_real

Thanks for the offer of a bikini Rob...but it's still a bit too cold down here for that. snow

We don't mind, honest.

Webmaster #50517 Sat 23 Oct 2010 07:43:PM
UFO Offline
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Perhaps it is time we took our so called "shenanigans" off the AF area and leave the poor innocents out of it.

Craig K

Find our data GoDaddy
A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
Bummer....they only got one post in...maybe I just should have lurked for a couple of days to see what mayhem they created.
and such a benign post at that too! (think I got off very lightly!...no where near as bad as impersonation of Sanks!)

Di, it is interesting that the language of the above post is enough to show that Australdi_real REALLY is you, and the few words from australdi were enough to be at least very suspicious that it wasnt. funny how one's online persona can be so readily read. now, for my part, i have little doubt as the true identity of australdi, as posted. the subtlety of the humour is a dead give away, and i feel sure that one post is the only one we will see. despite my somewhat earlier post heralding such a thing, and perhaps planting the bad seed in an evil mind, it was not me! i am happy to just be me, hence my username. smile

alexander #50529 Sat 23 Oct 2010 09:11:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by alexander

Di, it is interesting that the language of the above post is enough to show that Australdi_real REALLY is you, and the few words from australdi were enough to be at least very suspicious that it wasnt. funny how one's online persona can be so readily read. now, for my part, i have little doubt as the true identity of australdi, as posted. the subtlety of the humour is a dead give away, and i feel sure that one post is the only one we will see. despite my somewhat earlier post heralding such a thing, and perhaps planting the bad seed in an evil mind, it was not me! i am happy to just be me, hence my username. smile

Yup, the syntax and word choice was all wrong (especially in the shout box). I'm still kicking myself for making a too soon appearance though...it could have been hilarious watching from the roof space. hehe hey
*wistful sigh* I do hope the recovery goes well because it would be such a shame to lose the virtuoso impersonation of purrrgeot...now THAT was getting the walk & the talk spot on! Classic AF moments!
camera2

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1

Sorry you turned it down- here is a model wearing one so we can you see how it would look:

mermaid dino

I can't wait to see what Mike says!

Webmaster #50544 Sat 23 Oct 2010 11:42:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
hmmm...if the bikini was on the Rex...it would give me a more realistic impression of how I'd look in it. laugh

Space Trainee
Space Trainee
hmmm...if the bikini was on the Rex...it would give me a more realistic impression of how I'd look in it. laugh

You should've stuck with the pilates, lady.

teen

australdi #50548 Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:06:AM
S
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
S
LOL, the superhero vs their evil impersonator.

Webmaster #50550 Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:30:AM
R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
Bloody hell - dino gets his own dinosaur dino - Craig K gets a forum/sub-forum named after him and saucer ufo and another one that I can't find now, kenfeugo is due here any time and we all know the length of his posts writing2 soapbox next thing Patrick/Jess will find us and we will have an Expert At All Things forum.
They also knew that gibgib (G_O_D to most us mere mortals) was coming here and that his mood would be gloom gloom Although looking around the site we may be in a place that considers a supreme being anything but that.
I've got a half written email to Mark Butler that i must finish and when he gets into this place god help us - he will use all of the little whatsits in every email. (BTW Mark's wife is not travelling too well and MB is suffering under the load of caring for her - those that have his contact pls drop him a line - or if you'd like to get his email address PM me)

Last edited by RonB; Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:40:PM.
alexander #50552 Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:41:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
... and i feel sure that one post is the only one we will see.

well there goes that theory! bunnydance
security

robmac #50554 Sun 24 Oct 2010 01:14:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by robmac

Sorry you turned it down- here is a model wearing one so we can you see how it would look:

mermaid dino

I can't wait to see what Mike says!

It's Sunday morning. I've got a hangover (I can post pics of it if you like, but it certainly ain't pretty dunno3) and the last thing I need is to see some criminal running about with next-to-bugger-all on.
Specially an overweight one.

clink

Mike.

But gimme an hour or two. yow

Webmaster #50570 Sun 24 Oct 2010 03:09:AM
H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Hey Brisbane AF watchers.....Renault Club M@N, midhnight to dawn run is on this coming weekend, 30/31 of October.
For those SEQ AFers, might be a good way to help pass the time with our other beloved forum in hyatis.
Link to club website http://www.renaultclubqld.com.au/documents/home.html

and forum http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/index.php
Just go to October events.

H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
faint
Have you got a tail too? hysterical

HKP #50581 Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:09:AM
H
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
H
Originally Posted by HKP
faint

Now now, HKP. Be Nice. I kinda like big girls. omgosh aww

figs #50585 Sun 24 Oct 2010 10:36:AM
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
Originally Posted by figs
suppose it wouldn't be a proper French car forum if it didn't break down... bricks

Now that just cuts to the bone... samurai eye

gamma #50586 Sun 24 Oct 2010 11:37:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Well bugger me. (And you don't get invitations like that every day). chaplin

Anyway........

If you let your mouse linger over some of the ads that appear after the first post on each page there are our good friends godaddy. rifle

Perhaps it might be polite to ask the captain of the good ship AUS-CITY if it's ok to abuse them before any of us does? bat bat

clink

Mike.

H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric
Originally Posted by HKP
faint

eyebrow WHo said anything about big? I only asked about a tail grouphug2

Webmaster #50611 Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:54:PM
G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
hello, ive just found my way to this replacement site. lets hope things get sorted with aussiefrogs soon. bit of a worry. oh, and our latest little project in the family, stretching the 205 by 100mm in order to fix the lift off oversteer problem and making enough room for a mid-engine layout configuration for the t16 engine. we're nearly there!

Last edited by Girl607; Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:57:PM.

Jessica
Peugeot 607
Peugeot 205
Mercedes Benz E500 wagon
Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed
HKP #50620 Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:11:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by HKP
Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric
Originally Posted by HKP
faint

eyebrow WHo said anything about big? I only asked about a tail grouphug2

Tails are good! you can wag them when you're happy or drop them to cover your more sensitive bits when feeling threatened. Only down side is when you tuck them into your pants it looks like you've had an accident. Mine was docked years ago before it was made illegal in Australia (so it only looks like a small accident)
bunnydance

now that bikini would look much better on jess than me!

Space Cadet
Space Cadet

I think you ll find Jess prefers turtle-necks...

teehee

clink

dino

E
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
E
Originally Posted by dinolovesjess

I think you ll find Jess prefers turtle-necks...

teehee

clink

dino

In this post-apocalyptic world, we remember Aussiefrogs as the site that catered to the proclivities of Australian dwelling french-car enthusiasts.

With all the talk of, cross-dressing, female impersonators, dinosaurs, bikinis and turtle-necks, God only knows what our American hosts and their contributors must think of the riff-raff that have burst onto their site!

The average poster to this site could be for given for thinking:

1) " "French cars" must be a euphemism for all manner of naughtiness and my life is meaningless without a rusting frog in the driveway - whatever that means";
2) "Australians are every bit as bonkers as I always thought they were;
3) "What's with the leather shorts, anyway"

EX

Last edited by Exfrogger; Mon 25 Oct 2010 06:03:AM.
Exfrogger #50637 Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:03:AM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

EX

Hang on a second....thus far...I dont believe anybody has mentioned "leather shorts!!!"... yikes scaredtwitch

clink

dino

J
jp Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
J
Originally Posted by dinolovesjess

EX

Hang on a second....thus far...I dont believe anybody has mentioned "leather shorts!!!"... yikes scaredtwitch

clink

dino

There you go again with the leather shorts. cavitysearch

Back to blokey things like cars and grease, did a mod on the rear end of the fuego and so far none of the bits have bent or snapped.
There is this huge rattle on the newly panel beaten bit, but only on over run at 2874.6 rpm so its a bitch to replicate. Only happens when driving hardish on a slight left lean. AGrrrr

Last edited by jp; Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:14:AM.
jp #50639 Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:33:AM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Jo..if anybody can tune the rattle out..I m sure you can...perhaps
a touch of this stuff will do...

[Linked Image]

clink

dino

Webmaster #50640 Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:36:AM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
David is confident that our March 2006 backup will work. It just needs some repair.

So looking in the other posts in the AF section, the biggest help in getting things sort of back to normal would be to post lots, & maybe work out a system of trawling google & wayback, then our own computers for images & info. A sub forum for an organised attack.

There might be a delay in getting things like upload centre, attachments & members gallery working again but the priority is the getting AF back.

It looks like we are on or own for sure as no contact from godadddy since Friday.

I need to get help with backing up in future so I will ask for volunteers (have to be qualified & vouched for by other strong members) to pull down a copy of AF at different periods. Looks like we will start at around 4 gigs. I have just upped my usage to the max with bigpond as I will give it a nudge this next month.

The offer of money is a nice thought but I don't require any to get us going again. Maybe we could look at using it for something else that could benefit everyone. The best help will be to get posting again X 10.

I'm going to say Thursday for AF back now. I am not around Wednesday or Thursday myself but I will get David to let you know the URL of the new location anyway.

gibgib #50641 Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:46:AM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Originally Posted by gibgib
David is confident that our March 2006 backup will work. It just needs some repair.

So looking in the other posts in the AF section, the biggest help in getting things sort of back to normal would be to post lots, & maybe work out a system of trawling google & wayback, then our own computers for images & info. A sub forum for an organised attack.

There might be a delay in getting things like upload centre, attachments & members gallery working again but the priority is the getting AF back.

It looks like we are on or own for sure as no contact from godadddy since Friday.

I need to get help with backing up in future so I will ask for volunteers (have to be qualified & vouched for by other strong members) to pull down a copy of AF at different periods. Looks like we will start at around 4 gigs. I have just upped my usage to the max with bigpond as I will give it a nudge this next month.

The offer of money is a nice thought but I don't require any to get us going again. Maybe we could look at using it for something else that could benefit everyone. The best help will be to get posting again X 10.

I'm going to say Thursday for AF back now. I am not around Wednesday or Thursday myself but I will get David to let you know the URL of the new location anyway.

good news...

maybe when we get going again we can do a "best of" AF or a "top 20"...
FWIW... I ll definitely try and repost some of my 505 pics...new 205 pics and the new 604 resto...
We ve got to get all the "post whores" out of the woodwork...

clink

dino

H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Gerry, that's wonderful.
Let's hope we can put together some sort of AF that resembles a cute green frog and not some Frankenstein Toadlike devilcreature. Although, for upcoming festivities of the Pagan variety, Frankentoad would be suitable. witch

Last edited by HKP; Mon 25 Oct 2010 01:56:AM.
jp #50655 Mon 25 Oct 2010 03:37:AM
R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
Originally Posted by jp
but only on over run at 2874.6 rpm so its a bitch to replicate. Only happens when driving hardish on a slight left lean. AGrrrr

Jo
The mighty fuego must be fitted with a mighty tacho - reads down to 0.1 of a rev? amused

Webmaster #50672 Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:00:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Gerry,

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to see the more familiar AF back again!

And .. thanks so much to David, he must be under the pump too.

Can we import the treads and posts from Aus-City to serve as a reminder of the disaster (and the successful recovery from)

If it's does come online again next Thurday - then it's only been a week and a complete rebuild and re home in a week is a creditable.

cheers

Rob

RonB #50673 Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:09:AM
J
jp Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
J
Originally Posted by RonB
Originally Posted by jp
but only on over run at 2874.6 rpm so its a bitch to replicate. Only happens when driving hardish on a slight left lean. AGrrrr

Jo
The mighty fuego must be fitted with a mighty tacho - reads down to 0.1 of a rev? amused

teehee
Ok you got me, it was just a guess, but I do actually have the technology to measure thousands of events per second with great accuracy on the old HP digital counter with its loverly retro display. I'm guessing at about 5 decimal points.

DIno, the challenge is not in deadening the resonating part, but in finding the barstard in the first place.
I need to get touchy feely with the side of the car when it starts its resonation, which means getting an assistant. I hate working with assistants.
It could be the plastic interior that is resonating, the plastic exterior, the fuel filler the exhaust against the body, the exhaust mount, or any tool I left behind. whistling

Jp

Last edited by jp; Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:13:AM.
jp #50675 Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:45:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1

[/quote]

starts its resonation, which means getting an assistant. I hate working with assistants.
. whistling

Jp
[/quote]

Well that's easy sorted, use yer other hand. Feels like you've an assistant, but ............. ohmy

clink

Mike.

Webmaster #50676 Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:48:AM
A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
i am beginning to see the importance of having (the real) australdi moderating the TP.

alexander #50683 Mon 25 Oct 2010 02:22:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
i am beginning to see the importance of having (the real) australdi moderating the TP.

awwww...but Alexander, the faux Aus is doing such a good job! teen ...and so much like me that sometimes even I can't tell us apart wolfgirl happyeyes winks

hey

P.S. I found my whip

Webmaster #50684 Mon 25 Oct 2010 02:25:PM
A
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
A
Well this is a bit of a shock! See what happens when I don't keep an eye on you for a few days!

From the sound of things, I probably won't exist (as Country Cousin) in the restored 2006 vintage AF, so this is my chance to make a new start :-).

Looks like someone is trying to cash in on the apparent demise of AF, although they haven't had much response so far :-). Anyone know anything about this site?
http://www.aussiefrenchcars.com/?gclid=CNCU8LiV76QCFQjObgodeVG01g

Last edited by Armadillo; Mon 25 Oct 2010 02:27:PM.
Armidillo #50685 Mon 25 Oct 2010 02:43:PM
H
HKP Offline
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
H
Originally Posted by Armadillo
Well this is a bit of a shock! See what happens when I don't keep an eye on you for a few days!

From the sound of things, I probably won't exist (as Country Cousin) in the restored 2006 vintage AF, so this is my chance to make a new start :-).

Looks like someone is trying to cash in on the apparent demise of AF, although they haven't had much response so far :-). Anyone know anything about this site?
http://www.aussiefrenchcars.com/?gclid=CNCU8LiV76QCFQjObgodeVG01g

Mmmm, wonder who is behind this new forum? Show yourself. vampire
Gunna stick with the original and wait out the down time over here. it's like a vacation. kumbaya

Webmaster #50687 Mon 25 Oct 2010 03:07:PM
A
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
A
New topic:
Oldest son and girlfriend slid off a gravel road near Tamworth yesterday and hit a tree. They are fine but car (Nissan Pathfinder) looks like a write-off.

They are mountain-bikers and campers and need a fairly roomy vehicle. Tim is open to the idea of a 406 HDi wagon, but the supply seems to have dried up... Anyone know of one for sale?

Webmaster #50690 Mon 25 Oct 2010 03:19:PM
W
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
W
if you need to have off server storage, i have access to unlimited storage from my dreamhost account, i'm willing to setup a user and give you the username and password to do the backup via ssh or sftp or ftp, whichever you prefer. i'm currently hosting http://mickomalleys.com.au/ and many other websites so it wont be going away for a long while.

I also do web development, if you have not guessed smile http://www.enhanceindustries.com.au/

jp #50691 Mon 25 Oct 2010 03:25:PM
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Originally Posted by jp

DIno, the challenge is not in deadening the resonating part, but in finding the barstard in the first place.

Jp

ahhhhh doh ....sorry...my mistake....didnt realise that you wanted a permanent fix...silly me...the "bosnian" solution is very similar to the aussie one..."she ll be right mate"... whew2

clink

dino

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 2,916
Alisa 568
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics683,903
Posts718,511
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting