</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by P Debono:<br /><strong>Hey mr_mixer Here is one for You!!<br />My New Monaro cost me $62,000 on the road with an LS1 5.7L engine in it. The same car built in Australia exported to the United States of America with the BETTER ENGINE in it as a LS2 6.0 L is only $32,000 US thats around $42,000 Australian and mind you they have to get the car to the States. Now they have sold only 11,500 Monaros in Australia in total in the 4 years that's all ..The same new models have been available in the US but in Califonia alone they have sold 14,000 plus of our monaro's called GTO and it total around 45,000 across the US and other countries. Now if you understand the above of how they can sell an Australian car, export it and sell it with the better engine in it for 2/3 of the price of what we pay maybe then you will understand why we pay so much for ANYTHING IN AUSTRALIA..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I disagree. If Monaro had been priced $32,000 here Holden would have sold a lot more than 45,000 of them by now. How many Commodores do they sell for the same price? Just imagine how many more better built and more sporty Monaros they would sell instead. The one and only reason for the price disparity is competition and nothing else.