Hi SelecTV.

Many thanks for taking the time to check your logs. I did not expect so much effort to be expended on this. I can imagine the myriad technical challenges you are faced with on a daily basis when starting a new pay television service.

I will definitely change my LNBF before too long.

Yes, I am surprised about my receiver not processing key changes while in standby mode. It's no big deal and I do like to conserve energy so always "standby" my gear at night.
I am sure that many people place their receivers into "standby" mode when retiring for the evening.

I am surprised that you change keys so often. I thought that Irdeto2 encryption is almost impossible to crack? The effect you describe would certainly explain why Duna loads so quickly. You would think the Duna service would be even more conservative considering the cost of their single channel service and relatively small target audience.

Are the frequent key changes really necessary? Obviously your system is more secure and I can appreciate that, but the "feel" of the service would be improved if people experienced "instant on" when powering up instead of bold red "waiting for authorisation" type messages to clear for 60 seconds (me).

I would be quite displeased if I experienced (never have) a 30 minute wait for authorisation as poster "jaremt" mentioned in his posting.

Apologies for the late reply but I do not read this forum every day.

Thanks to all for your valued input.

Cheers.
the Tink.