You're right kickemout, but Rainbowchaser wasn't talking about the illegal antics here. She was talking about GENUINE child abuse.

I believe I do have a right to comment, because I thought that this site was about the truth, and the information provided about the number of genuine abuse cases is not the truth. I may not be directly involved in Child Protection or work for DoCS, but I work in an industry very closely related and I see/hear/know of GENUINE child abuse cases.

Rainbowchaser: DoCS don't refer to abuse they refer to HARM. There is no definition of abuse. Read the CP Act and you'll see what I mean.

Yes genuine abuse cases where the maltreater has been charged are put in the papers, and there are also ones that aren't published. I have worked with these families that have been charged but have not had the information publilsh.

BUT just because you only read some in the paper doesn't mean that there's more REAL cases out there. THAT is my point. You make statements that there is probably only 2 cases of genuine abuse per year for the whole of Australia, and that's just not true! Genuine child abuse happens more than you would ever know!!