I don't think the glowing research has helped much, if at all. I honestly believe that they're creating these poor creatures just because they can under the guise of helping human medical research. I think it's sad... frown I hope they're intentions are good, but only time will tell...

As far as where illness begins, I think some illnesses do start in the spirit, but I also think that some are thrust upon us either by genetics or environmental factors.
And some illnesses we walk right into with eyes wide-open knowing that our vices or habits could lead to them. And yet shocked when they happen... I'll not elaborate further but it can be anything that we choose to do from smoking, obesity, alcohol, mountain climbing, hogging for catfish, snake wrangling, spider wrangling and so on..

As for the innocent children born with issues or illnesses, I can honestly say that this aspect of the human conditions tears my heart apart and brings me to tears to ponder on the reasons. I know in my heart that in the grand scheme of things that there are reason and purpose, but it doesn't stop the ache in my heart for the medial conditions, illnesses or issues to end for our innocent children.

But I do agree that You may be right Alisa, I can't debate about disabilities. I'll accept your enlightenments of the heart and experience on this one. hug