I wish I could articulate my thoughts in replies as well as you do.
You give much food for thought and perhaps you're right about the spiritual level of illness. You've studied and researched deep into the spiritual aspect and have a better understanding of it than I do.

I like this:
"Let go and Let God"

I think it doesn't mean letting things run rampant. I think it means to have faith enough to allow God to work through you or others together to heal or resolve issues, problems, situations and so on. Reckon?

You've asked many good questions. I don't think stopping people from hurting other people, creatures or forests is imposing a belief. It's just setting some guidelines to show that one should respect the rights of others and also help preserve the balance of nature without undo destruction or deliberate cruelty.
As to who decides, I think that would be the folks that have the authority to give a good logical rational reason to be nice to folks, creatures and the environment: voters, activist groups, elected officials and Unfortunately they don't always make the right choices either so it's really a hit and miss situation. ~sigh~