To LISKI WORLD TV<br /><br />Firstly i'd like to begin saying that i have been watching this forum very closely over the past few days, I'm representing the Macedonian community of Victoria. You fail to understand that UBI has an obligation to customers to fulfil in there terms and conditions. What Mr_Mixer has been arguing is a very serious matter to all ethnic groups who do strongly follow sports, and i urge UBI to act on this ASAP. If UBI do not make clear to there customers that certain sporting events will not be aired, the customer has every right to cancel there package with UBI. I personally was a subscriber for many years with the old TARBS all though have since cancelled my subscription. I personally no of a number of groups within the melbourne community who are outraged over UBI promising customers a new service with out Airing all of it's contents, inperticularly soccer match and other sporting events. Lisky i do understand your point of view with costs involved with buying rights to sporting events, although if the customer is not being told of this is this is missleading. Rest asure that this matter will not lie to rest, i no of groups of people which are in the process of taking action against UBI for not informing them appropriately. Mr_Mixer in all fairness is correct in what he has said and if UBI do no address this matter seriously, i can not see UBI becoming prostperous amongst ethnic community's which is the driving force behind UBI customers. I've even heard of people as far as going live on the radio and speaking live to audiances in regards to this issue which does not look good for UBI. My advice is basiclly this....if UBI can not afford to buy rights to these events due to cost your better off not airing the chanel what so ever, but in the same token UBI customers should be told and notified promptly before there day of service that certain sporting events will not be listed and state which chanels and which events will be blanked. This will save a lot of confussion, time, money and heartache for customers. "Mr_Mixer great topic you have exposed"<br />This issue arose a few years back when TARBS was around MR Lisky a class action was taken out on TARBS for not fulfilling there promises, it ended up in massive payouts to TARBS customers which shows that being honest is the only policy.<br /><br />Kind Regards<br />bibird