I found this in the austeck forum, Is this slanging match necessary for a new company that has just started or are they selling themselves cheap <br /><br />Found at<br />http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?t=117024<br /><br />I found reference to the statement by Puma Media <br />on the subject of UBI<br />http://www.tvpolonia.com.au/tarbsubi.htm<br /><br />and took the trouble to translate it into English for forum members to enjoy:<br /><br />“For some time, we have been receiving numerous phone calls from former and current subscribers of TV Polonia concerning the letter from UBI containing the information on three Polish TV channels that may allegedly be receivable in Australia. In all phone calls and electronic correspondence people ask about our position on this matter. Because the letter was not signed by anybody, many people also ask whether we have anything to do with UBI company.<br /><br />We therefore clarify:<br /><br />1. Puma Media is the sole official distributor of TV Polonia and Polish Radio Program 1 in Australia, and from mid-August also of the iTVN channel.<br /><br />2. Puma Media company has nothing to do with UBI company.<br /><br />3. UBI principal is Maria Regina Boulos, the same person who was the principal of Tarbs company until the end of its activity in July 2004.<br /><br />4. From the official information it follows that Maria Regina Boulos registered the UBI company just a few days after the collapse of Tarbs company.<br /><br />5. It is not possible to answer many questions of the public, among them:<br /><br />A) Why, after more than a year since the collapse of Tarbs company, its former director Regina Boulos suddenly remembered about the existence of the Polish community in Australia and, instead of apologies, puts forward a new offer?<br /><br />B) Why Maria Regina Boulos – the former Tarbs principal and the current UBI principal – having been in possession of the addresses of her former customers, until now did not take the trouble to apologise to us, her former customers, for everything that happened to us as a result of the collapse of Tarbs company managed by her?<br /><br />C) Why has Maria Regina Boulos – the former Tarbs principal and the current UBI principal – decided to block the electronic decoders of which we as former TV Polonia subscribers were, in our majority, the legal owners? Because of this blocking, former TV Polonia subscribers were forced to purchase new decoders to receive TV Polonia again.<br /><br /><br />Dear members of the public, we live in a democratic country where everybody has the right to conduct an HONEST BUSINESS. For obvious reasons I cannot and do not want to comment more precisely on the behaviour of UBI company and Maria Regina Boulos - the former Tarbs principal and the current UBI principal. I believe in the intelligence of our current and potential customers and am convinced that every member of the public will form their own opinion on this matter. For many reasons I think that members of the public should answer for themselves the following questions:<br /><br />- Was the aim of UBI’s letter to discourage the Poles in Australia from subscribing to TV Polonia?<br /><br />- Did Maria Regina Boulos think that the Polish community in Australia will never find out that it was she personally who steered the Tarbs company until it collapsed?<br /><br />Puma Media offers concrete programs and meets set deadlines. It is therefore with great pleasure that I announce that on 16 August Puma Media has introduced an additional TV channel in Australia. From 16 August our offering was extended to include an additional TV channel from Poland. Because iTVN channel is not known to the majority of spectators in Australia, we have decided to offer it to our potential subscribers free of charge for four weeks. After 20 September iTVN channel will be encrypted and available only for subscribers. Click here for further information about subscription to iTVN (http://www.tvpolonia.com.au/Abonament.htm)<br /><br />Tadeusz Matkowski<br />Managing Director<br />Puma Media<br />===========================<br /><br /><br />My personal comment: While I have no Polish roots and not much interest in Polish channels, I have to point out to Puma Media that they do not need any assistance from the Boulos gang to discourage anybody from subscribing to TV Polonia: the monthly subscription of $50 for one channel does it better than any Bouloses of this world. Puma Media’s new offer of 2 channels (TV Polonia and iTVN) for $60 a month is still over the top by any standards.