Originally Posted by musicman
If you can read todays paper in Melbourne and you will see that the Victorian Police Union spent 4 Million Dollars on legal fee for corrupt Cops, 4 million bucks!!! Paying legal fees to save corrupt cops and they tell me in each state its about the same.
What I want to know is if some of these corrupt cops frame or set a person up which I PERSONALLY know one case and this person spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend himself is the Police Union going to pay for his legal fees? I bet not and it will take 10 years to sue them even after proof that you were set up by a corrupt cop.
Work that out!.

Musicman
Same up here mate
Who do you think paid for Chris Hurleys Manslaughter trial? The Police Union, and the thing that got me was he was charged and went to trial in a matter of months with "NO" committal.
Now do some research and you will find this is an Australian record for a person to be charged going to trial and becoming a free man all this in a few months.
The average Joe Blog that gets charged has to wait anything up to three to five years before his or her case gets heard, so why should this cop be given special treatment by bringing on his case so early so they could put him out of his misery. Again, there are rules and laws for the police and others for the general public