Wow Dawn,

Thanks for the great read! Looks like you & I definately surf the same stuff, as I've said before! Usually Gnomes & fairies are the first things I look for online, to see if there is anything new out there. As you said earlier, it IS very hard to find new stories & encounters w/gnomes, so I am always checking!

I don't agree with the person in the article that said that the Argentenian Gnome would be more believable if found in it's more 'known' places to roam. I believe that they are everywhere, but they show up the most where people really have a strong belief of them like Ireland, Germany etc. I would be hard for me to believe that in their demension, that they consider laylines. I think that they are capable of beeing seen just about anywhere, since I believe that they exist just about anywhere!

I also believe the story from Argentina because it is the most real dipiction of a gnome to me. To some it looked creepy, but to me it looked authentic. And that walk, it has always been said, although it is not super general information, that these creatures walk w/somewhat a sideways shuffle. I remember my German grandfather speaking of this little shuffle, but it's not a known trait that is very commonly discussed. But I remember my Grandpa speaking of it, he used to buy me German Gnome books when I was a child. Sitting on his lap we would look & read & discuss what wonderful little creatures these fellas were. I think he believed in them, & if it weren't for him I probably wouldn't believe in them as I do! That walk though is what sealed the deal for me with the Argentinian Gnome...I've known of it since I was a child, just never heard it in an actual gnome encounter before.

My favorite Gnome siting is so impressive! I have it saved in my favoriyes & I will post it at the end of this post. This one seems real to me too. If you notice, he seems to have the shuffle as well. Also notice that although this creature looks to be the size of a toddler, it sure doesn't move like a toddler! It's way more agile than a child that small could be!

I now have 5 gnomes, 3 that sit on my porch, & 2 that crawl out of things (like a tea cup,or planter)that my daughter bought me in Frankenmuth for mothers day. I love all my gnomes,& one day I intend to leave them little gifts so that they know that thier presence is welcome here. Legend says that if gifted & treated, they will eventually really appear to a person who has a statue or nic nac. I've read that they love sweets! I think tonight I'll leave one of the peanutbutter cookies that I baked last night at his feet, maybe soon I'll catch a glimpse of a real gnome!!!

Thank you Dawn, I do love reading about these little creatures so much! Enjoy the clip of my favorite Gnome siting!=0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-205Ez2BiGg