Yes Australia is a small country with a small population, and having No competition all Pay TV companies are losing money and I don't think they will ever make any. Remember Australia is a country they relies on Credit cards, have huge mortgages, so on so on, I have said this before if ever the interest rates go up pay TV like the likes of Foxtel and Austar are out the window. For UBI its slightly different, the ethnic population want it not just to watch TV, its about television from their origin.<br />As for the Pirates they are getting more sofisticated by the Day. Look at Austar they spend Millions replacing cards and on the same day Card sharing networks pop up all over Australia. The Internet and ADSL/BroadBand took care of that.<br />For me Foxtel are smart, they are slowly phasing out Irdeto 2, mind you they also spent millions replacing Irdeto 2 cards and a week later they are now going to NDS, talk about a waste of money and confusion. Yes they are now replacing it with NDS and as NDS stand at the moment, it cant be read or card shared. But when it comes to card sharing only the Brainy can do that or they have to pay someone to set it up and because its very complicated it will never get out of hand like the GOLD CARDS DID.<br />PS wouldn't it be funny one day when Foxtel is fully NDS, Austar are Still on Irdeto2 and Mysteriously like the Thoic.com days Irdeto 2 ALGORITHM is mysteriously put on a pirate forum which causes Austar to Crash with piracy problems like other countries around the world and our Mate Murdoch picks up the pieces and in this case Foxtel picks up the pieces.