</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Nick:<br /><strong> Why are you guys encouraging these illegal activities? I can only imagine what other much bigger illegal activities you're prepared to follow behind the UBI's closed doors when you're so free to talk about these boxes in the public. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nick , <br /><br />The Dreambox is not just a satellite receiver , it has the abililty to be , and is , much more. It is in effect a computer as it has a CPU , ram and runs on Linux.<br /><br />An obvious benefit is the amount of third party software available for it and that is constantly in development due to it being Linux based.<br /><br />Newer models will have features like the ability for the user to add or remove satellite or digital terrestrial tuners , example , you could have 2 tuners one for satellite and one digital terrestrial in the one box , or 2 x satellite so you can record from one sat while watching another. You can add your own hard drive to them , the sky is the limit.<br /><br />It is not illegal for me to buy an axe , but it is illegal for me to embed it in someones head. Just because I buy an axe doesnt mean I want to kill someone. hell , I might actually want to cut down a tree.<br /><br />People buy things for many reasons. In my opinion , the Dreambox is the box to have , simply , its fantastic features crap on those of all other boxes. In regards to card sharing , you can share your one subscriber card just on your own network around your house. It doesnt mean you have to share it in regard to full scale piracy.<br /><br />Regardless , what people choose to do is entirely up to them. And why shouldnt we be able to talk about them in public ? Sharing of information is NOT illegal , what the end user does with that information is up to them. I have a DVD writer in my PC and know how to copy commercial DVD's , this doent make me a pirate.