[]Yes, the lack of an S-Video o/p can be an issue with higher end systems. It's on the list of things to fix .....[/]<br />In my case it was more because the TV in the family room only has a single S-Video input, which disables the composite inputs as soon as an S-Video cable is plugged into it (must be a switch inside the socket). So I run everything (DVD, DVB-T, and now DVB-S) via an S-video switch box. The XSAT 430 also has two composite outputs, so I've run one of them into the bedroom, then built a remote control extender.<br /><br />[]I'm curious about the lip-sync issue, we have been particularly careful with the movie network channels, we have an uncompressed (270 Mbps SDI) fibre optic feed from their playout facility to our teleport, they only get compressed once and are digital end to end. So, lip sync should not be an issue (doesn't mean that it isn't).<br /><br />Can you help me out - what channels and event suffer this problem?[/]<br />Seems to be Movie One and Two mostly.<br /><br />[]It's not unusual for MPEG decoders to loose their PTS lock and get audio out of sync with video. Have you tried re-booting your STB when this happens? [/]<br />Yep, tried that - doesn't seem to make any difference, nor does changing channels. Sometimes it just seems to get back into sync without me touching it. I thought that it may have been related to signal quality, but I haven't noticed a correlation.<br /><br />Another thing, but minor compared to the sync issue, is that the audio level on some channels is a LOT higher.<br /><br />I see that "Wine (test)" now says "Wine English". Getting closer? (Not that I think it'll appeal to me.)