|
0 members (),
2,543
guests, and
21
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
|
|
|
|
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
|
4
|
5
|
6
|
7
|
8
|
9
|
10
|
|
11
|
12
|
13
|
14
|
15
|
16
|
17
|
|
18
|
19
|
20
|
21
|
22
|
23
|
24
|
|
25
|
26
|
27
|
28
|
29
|
30
|
31
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
World Earthquake Report for Friday, 2 October 2026
• Moderate mag. 4.1 earthquake - 30 km east of Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru, o...
• M 0.3 - 15 km N of Warner Springs, CA
• M 4.8 - 192 km WNW of Tobelo, Indonesia
• M 1.0 - 11 km SSW of Borrego Springs, CA
• M 0.8 - 7 km WNW of The Geysers, CA
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 95,828
Launch Director
|
|
Launch Director
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 95,828 |
Yes, I know what you mean. I also like the beach. But it is going into the water up to the neck or further that freaks me out. When we went to Langkawi, Malaysia a few years ago, the water was so beautiful and warm. You could go out into it up to your neck and bob up and down in the waves. I loved doing this but the whole time I had to push, push, push my fear away. Sometimes it just kinda overwhelmed me and I wanted to get out. And it drives me nuts thinking that I should fear this when little kids were happily swimming out as well as other adults without a care in the world. Anyway, I was walking out of the surf, my fear mounting, when suddenly I felt a searing pain in my foot. For all the world I thought for sure that a sea creature had come up to my foot and chomped into it. I stumbled onto the sand and blood was pouring out of the top of my foot which had a deep puncture. It was NOT the bottom of my foot and I insisted something had bit me (and I was crying a little bit hysterically  ) whilst my husband was trying to calm me down and assure me that nothing had bit me and that I must have stepped on a sharp shell. And I was saying (between sobs) how could I step on it with the top of my foot! And he said maybe as I was bobbing around and my feet were not flat on the ocean floor the top part made contact first.  He was probably right that nothing truly bit me. But I feel very sure that my fear simulated a bite for me. 
|
|
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
|
|
Forums60
Topics852,848
Posts887,643
Members2,960
| |
Most Online102,106 Jul 10th, 2026
|
|
|