I was sent this email today and I have decided to put it on the forum with the authors permission regarding the way Men are treated by our legal system. <br />All you men out there don't say "It won't happen", to you because marriage is like a car accident, one second all is fine and next second all hell has let loose. A Family court survey recently said residence is awarded to mothers in 78.4% of consent applications,75.7% of cases that settle after the start of litigation and in 69.2% of cases which are tried.<br />Of the 597,000 families who had a child with a natural parent living elsewhere, 41% receive no child support, 42.3% received cash support and a further 16.3% received only in-kind support.<br /><br />C'mon pollies election coming soon:<br />Phil<br /><br /><br />Please find a letter I addressed to Federal member of Dickson, Peter Dutton regarding his inaction to do something to assist men with their problems.<br /><br />I am sick of politicians who are only interested in their own survival.<br /><br />They must be made accountable for their actions. His attitude to this matter is of very little interest.<br /><br />Thanks all<br /><br />DarrenB: Below the letter I wrote:<br /><br />Once again hello:<br />As I had said to you, I would put my cause to the community, which I have done. So far I have got 1083 members and that number is growing. With the recent story in the Pine Rivers Press, alot of people contacted me with their horror stories and support. They have also voiced their opinions regarding "Gutless" politicians who refuse to act.<br /><br />I now put it to you that, we (People in Question) want immediate change or you will suffer at the next federal election. We have had too many promises and no ACTION!<br />If you do not act immediately to change the draconian rulings of the Family law courts which cost the lives of several Queensland men each year, you inturn will see what we are capable of when the election comes around. Remember it was me alone that got 48,000 signatures against former Labour politicians Lavarch and Johns which cost them their federal seats!<br /><br />I as well as several men want to see change now, we have waited long enough and we are sick and tired of false promises from politicians whose only concern is their own welfare.<br /><br />We want results not EXCUSES! Take NOTICE!<br /><br /><br />The ball now rests in your hands.<br />1083 angry members now and by the time the election comes around that number(with family member support) will grow to over 5,000 votes. Can you as well as your associate at Petrie afford to lose that many votes????<br /><br />The choice is yours!<br /><br /><br />Darren Bailey<br /> <br /> <small>[ 03. June 2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: P Debono ]</small>