Originally Posted by jaremt
Originally Posted by Radio Man
Thats interesting jarmnet. I thought the softcam gets updated to the pirate reciever via the internet connection. Its frustrating when ur a paid sub and many others a recieving it for free.

Radio Man
A dreambox can have a variety of softcams that can be FTP'd to the receiver. From day one to today there are over 160 different softcams available but most use the latest to get the greatest.
Again the dreambox is only for the smarties and some use it to pick up all the providers all at once like Foxtel,TV Plus,Select TV, and now UBI. Could you imagine a C/S setup with over 200 channels from the above. Again for companies like UBI and Select TV just go out and subscribe to them but for Foxtel that have screwed so many with there 24 month direct debit contracts well what can I say. And for TV Minus all I can says is give them a miss they still haven't fixed the quality of there pictures.

Hey jaremt!
I wish I knew someone that can help me with a dreambox, I have a 7000 collecting dust doing nothing but watching FTA on C1 and B3, Finding someone to help me is just about inpossible.