Hmm, very interesting. Never heard of these crystals. I wonder if other citrus fruits can be substituted for lemons, or added in conjunction?

I think your're onto something about the egg shells though. A couple of summers ago, I was doing some gardening in the backyard & upon removing a potted flower from it's nursery container, I found this little cinnamon bun shaped "thing" hanging from the roots. I picked it up and turned it around to inspect it, and to my surprise it was a huge snail!!!

I had never before seen a real live "land" snail.Only the ones you will usually find in fishing or swimming ponds(the water snails can ONLY thrive in the water).

Never having seen a snail move on land,I watched this thing for hours! Shortly thereafter adopting it as my new friend - Gary!(huge spongebob fan!)

Truely fascinated w/this creature I ventured to the library to find out how to properly care for Gary & what kind of enviornment to simulate for him. In this search I found that egg shells are very benificial for strengthening their shells. Usually the books suggest putting a cuddle bone(from a cuddle fish) in their tank to serve the same purpose.These are those white oval-shaped slivers that you usually see pinned to the inside of a birdcage, also used to help strengthen a birds beak.

Anyway,as an alternative to the cuddle bone, they suggest egg shells. So it makes sense to use egg shells in your Kefir drink for that same purpose, as our bones are not exactly, but much like the protective shells of snails(except on the inside).

QUESTION: If you subsitute sweet 'n' low for the sugar, could you then call it "Crystal Light"?... LOL

Last edited by jimjam6702; Sun 22 Feb 2009 05:31:PM.