Thank you Fraseas, It is good to be back at the forum and getting the chance to air my opinion. Tapesh has content wich is so allien to Persian culture which I can not bring myself to watch it with family. It is strictly a 6&8 channel (Bolywood equivalant of Iran) which blatently spreading the wrong message about Iranian culture. It never even once put a single item of news abut Iran in its so called news.<br /><br />Have you ever watched the IPTR locally produced programmes? They are first class. It is eductaional, artistic and high quality programmes produced in Australia for the first time ever. Globecast representative came to their studios and discussed how and why they were broadcasting the IRIB3 on a test transmission. They had agreement to broadcast this and unlike UBI which did it without any authority from them and now if IRIB guys are here to find out if UBI or Globecast should broadcast their picture, then what does that mean? UBI has no agreement to broadcast the IRIB3 or at the very least can not encrypt the signal for ever? (This is according to the information that you have mentioned in this forum) Why do you think UBI would do such a thing? They are after money and nothing else they could not give a damn about Persian community at all.<br /><br />I called UBI when they first started their broadcast and asked them about Iranian programmes and the reply I had was so rude that I would not bring myself to write about it in this forum. In summary they told me the Iranian community needs to have 1500 subscribers all of whom provide their completed form for subscription before they even consider it. When IRIB and NITV left our screen there was a mass meeting at Tarbs building complining about it and they did not listen at all to anything they had to say.<br /><br />How come today with all of these behind us UBI suddenly decide to bring two Iranian Channels and FTA for nearly 4 months? I sense that they are up to something? May be they think they have the divine right to multi cultural TV stations in Australia? May be they want IPTR destroyed before they encrypt their signal? Should not we have a choice between two competing TV stations which is the basis of a democracy?<br /><br />I respect every one opinion and businesses for as long as they are being fair and open and not run away from their moral obligations.<br />Please rememeber that several hundreds of old age pensioners were rubbed of their money by TARBS in the past. All I am saying is that we need to look at the facts and figures and then make a clear judgment. That is why me and many hundreds like me in Sydney will never let a tarbs look alike into our homes we have bitten before by them and once is enough.<br /> <br /> <small>[ 08. September 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: mahal ]</small>