It's true that behavioural programs do nothing about what is going on - but I know of at least one that will go into bat for the parent in court if need be... From a professional point of view of course.

I'm not sure if these programs at universities are worried about losing government funding or worried about losing referrals for clients.

I was involved with a research based therapy program at Griffith Uni and I had a conversation with the therapist who was working with my daughter and I.

Given that this program was research based and parents were required to fill out questionnaires every few months as part of the research - I was concerned about the accuracy of the research data that was being gathered given that I was a parent who had a child in care and the majority of the data coming from me was either historical or unknown.

I had a good chat with the therapist and he said that about 60% of their clients are DoCS referred and that their data collection department takes that into consideration when tallying results.