OQ,

I agree with you. That's why I have such a hard time w/this one, the petrified fairies aren't that similar to the actual fruits of the NP tree. Except for the head/pod part, as I mentioned earlier. And you're right, the petrified fairies do seem to look more male, instead of the more elegant female fruits on the tree. As a matter of fact, I almost mentioned in the original post that the petrified remains do look to be male, I don't really know why I didn't. But I agree w/you, the two just don't match, do they questionmark no

I found your cocoon theory to be a brilliant explanation of the process of how they would go from living fruit to living fairy. tiphatExcellent! And plausible. If this is in fact how these fruits supposedly became fairies, then I would have to say...SOLD! That makes it believable for me. It would also explain why the remains look so different from the green fruits, as does a butterfly from it's cocoon. You're Schmaaart! The sexual ambiguity of the remains vs the fruits, could then be explained by this: We as humans enter this realm through our our mothers' bodies, so maybe the "Woman Tree" is in fact an accurate name for it. Even if the petrified remains seem to be male, they would have been born through the means of a "mother" (the green woman-like fruits/cocoons), Therefore, the result of that birth may be either a male or female Elf/fairy, like the petrified examples. Maybe the tree grows the "mothers" that end up birthing/cocooning the elves/fairies, hence the name "Woman Tree". And in that case, I think a more suitable name would be The Tree Of LIFE. Isn't it funny how women represent life in any form, whether it be human, fruit or any other. Great hypothesis OQ! highfive

I read the X-ray info in the information box below the video on YT. I've copied & pasted it below, with the original video poster's screen name.dunno2Maybe we could ask him where he got his information on the X-ray thing. I have to admit, I haven't really looked for further proof of the X-ray evidence.

snakedog9 | July 30, 2007

Naree Pon are elf like creatures, Learn the legend of Naree Pon; the Thai flower pod women fairies whose existence has been verified by x-raying tiny fruits for skeletal remains.

No, I don't know if it's been on Ripley's. I wondered the same thing when I read the title of the tree video which starts as "Believe it or not...". I think I'll search that tonight just for sh!ts & giggles.

I think you might have misunderstood what I meant when I asked this question:
If a recently petrified fruit from this tree was X-rayed today, would we still see evidence of human-like bone structure in the results?

I understood your answer to mean,yes they (scientists) are able to recover dinosaur & mummy DNA, so why not fairy DNA? But what I actually meant by that question was, if we took a fruit right off of that tree today, then let it mummify/petrify for a couple years, then X-rayed it; would the results show actual human skeletal structure, or just the dried out innards of fruit & seeds?

Ah, the Mandrakes of Harry Potter. Very familiar w/this scene, as it is my favorite in that movie. And what a valid sync! When I showed the video of the Woman Tree to my daughter a few months back, the very first thing she said was "Ha ha, no way...Mandrakes!" I laughed at the connection & similarities, & agreed that maybe that was where the writers of Harry Potter got their idea for the Mandrakes. That being said, I would never have guessed that Mandrakes really exist. I'm not talking about the Naree Pon fruits having the potential to be Mandrakes or related to the mandrake family, but the actual Mandrakes that you mentioned w/full definition. I thought that (Mandrake Root) was made up for movie purposes only, & at the very least, was based off of the idea of the Naree Pon tree. But to hear that the root is an actual thing in existence just blows my mind! Thanks for the enlightenment, I think I'm going to spend some time researching Mandrakes now.

OMG ahha, now that I think of it, I think I have seen an actual Mandrake before on a YT video of strange trees. Yep, I'm sure of it now, I think I've actually seen it on videos about the unexplained & cryptozoology. I don't even have to look it up. Wow, that's crazy! I think the reason I didn't realize that they were Mandrakes in those videos is because I saw them in collage videos w/very little caption heading them, if any at all. You know, those vids that display pics in a slide show w/music? I bet if I googled a pic of a real Mandrake, I would see what I saw in those slide videos thinking.

I too think that both the fruit tree & the fairies are individually amazing on their own ja. It really doesn't matter to me if they're related or not, I can appreciate each one individually. But, now that you brought up the whole "cocoon" theory, I'm kind of leaning towards the idea that the fairies did in fact come from the Naree Pon Woman Tree. The question is...where did the tree come from? omg