Liski,

Thanks for your assistance re the PM issue.

However, this is a little heavy handed:

"I will not be posting anymore regarding this topic as I believe I have explained the situations regarding the issues mentioned."

This is not fair to the original poster of this thread. If you wish to not reply to me any further in this thread, no problem. But Hellasafrica may have further queries or information and may wish to impart them in this forum. It would not be fair to him should you not desire to reply any more. Especially since I have hijacked the thread.

Furthermore, you write:

"Not everything in life is a conspiracy as most people believe."

I am not being conspiratorial, as far as I am able to see things from my vantage point, I am being most logical. Especially since I pay 70AUD per month, and feel (as I know others feel whom I know that have Greek Ubi) that not only am I not getting my money's worth, but am getting the run around from both customer service and from management policy at Ubi over Alter and Al-Tsantiri.

This point is way off:

"I hope that people can understand and accept that the information that has been provided be me on this forum is always accurate when it comes to the UBI side of things as I have no reason to lie. I have always made sure that everything that I post is accurate and has been since my first post back in 2004."

As the rep for Ubi on this forum, you are at the other end of our frustrations. When I talked of lies, I most certainly did not aim that at you personally. If you think, or feel, that I have, I apologise publicly; but I most certainly did not intend to do so. Your replies insofar as they are the information of Ubi, are Ubi's and not yours (or you personally), and it is the information and the end-product, which I feel to be inferior than what it was until a few months ago, that I am taking umbrage with.

Again, I reiterate, my attacks are not directed at your personally, in any sense. They are only aimed at what I see as a theft of sorts, of Alter's service (in terms of live content) and the conflicting information that is coming out of Ubi.

Over the Alpha thing, esp. Al-Tsantiri, I really don't think that we, the consumer should be the ones negotiating a programmatic line-up. Since Ubi have acquired the rights to transmit to your end-user, negotiations should be held at the management level, and not at the consumer level (besides, when a Ubi customer service lady told me to cintact the station directly some monnths ago, I emailed them with no reply - we simply do not have the clout that an organisation does).

Thank you, Lazer, re the laughing issue. Sad to see I wasn't the only one. I have never been laughed at from any other Ubi rep, truth be told. But this event last week, really has me irked. I, too, know of a couple of families that aren't too happy with the Alter situation. They've adopted a wait and see posture.

Again, thanks Liski for endeavouring to assist me; but, please, do not cease to reply in this thread on my account. This stance is simply not fair to Hellasafrica; who is the original poster of this thread, and who should be the one we all should be expending the more energy on.