Thats quite a rant rfwhistle , but unfortunately thats all it is.It's a pity you find it necessary to lauch in to personal abuse on people like Fred.<br /><br />If you want to rave on about laws , Dream Multimedia are breaking lots of them.Forcing people to buy from their "network" and nowhere else is a breach of the Trade Practices Act , the word collusion even comes to mind. And have a look at the " dream dealers "...The Mod Shop in Perth.These guys are the biggest Pirates on the West Coast ( as you would know as you live there , as do I ). And WSM , the Dream approved wholesaler , was prosecuted 18 months ago for selling commercial quantities of Pirate pay tv cards.And still has charges pending.What law abiding people. I certainly have no intention of financing these grubs by buying products from them. <br /><br />It's also amusing that it was OK for people to import them up until 2 months ago , when Dream MM suddenly announced that WSM were the new Wholesaler and any box not purchased through them was a "grey import".Dream MM's friend "Mr Bandwidth" was taking "grey import" orders flat out on Austech about 6 months ago.<br /><br />As to your final rant...all these Dreamboxes ( Hotchip AND everyone elses ) are made in the EXACT same factory in China.They are all as "fixable" as each other. And you will be very disappointed to learn that Hotchip dont import them themselves. They purchase them in Bulk from Australia's biggest wholesale importer who also performs warranty on them ( which I thought you would have known , its common knowledge )<br /><br />They arent going to run out. They are going to flood the market with them which is going to slash the greedy profit margins the dealers were expecting and make it far more affordable for everyday people to purchase a receiver at a REALISTIC price.<br /><br />The virtual "slop trough" for greedy dealers snouts is drying up at a fast rate.