See my post with an extract from the department of fair trading <br />As you can see, you as the consumer have the same amount of rights who ever you buy your NEW dreambox from.<br />And I say again<br /> As you can see you as the consumer have the same amount of rights who ever you buy your NEW dreambox off.<br /><br /><br />So do not let these so-called Authorised dealers scare you in to buying at an increased price.<br /><br />As they offer no better deal that any body else after the 12mths you will have to pay to have it fixed (if you are unlucky to have it break down).<br />In addition, if and Authorised dealer wont fix it for a sum im am sure that a fellow Australian Business man or woman who will see an opportunity to start a business or expand his or hers business will be able to that’s the good thing about living in such a great country. <br /><br />Buy your dream box at the best price for you the consumer because we do live in a free country and in a free market (at the moment) <br /><br />And to the scare tactics that the so called Authorised dealers are using the ACCC has been informed so have fun dealing with them <br /><br /><br />I think this topic is now DEAD people make up your own mind if you are using a computer you have the tools to make the right decision when it comes to buying your toys <br /><br />PS <br />I have nothing to do with Hot chips and do not recommend for advice as I think that they very arrogant from my experiences when I purchased from them in person at there store .<br />But they sell cheap gear so I can handle there arrogant attitude, the money is better in my pocket .