Originally Posted by ew_289
JusticeForall
Are you somehow involved with the above? Your knowledge is good on these matters as some of the Lawyers here in Melbourne have been reading your replies with accuracy.

No not involved with the above from a legal or Police point of view, but I have had some involvement in other indirect ways. I'd also like to think that I'm an educated person who does their research.

With that charge you have above named: Maintaining a relationship with a child under the age of 16 years, you forgot to put the word sexual in between A and Relationship.

You're correct I did miss out the word sexual while typing the post. Thank you for picking up on that. The word sexual in that sentence does make a lot of difference between the two and I would hate to be giving the wrong information to members.

Like I hate Govern Dept said its a new charge Australia wide, trumped up to get more conviction because of the amount of young girls having willing consensual sex with an older person.

Yes I'm sure there are times when this charge is used and is trumped up, but I do believe that there is a difference between having sex with an underage person and maintaining a sexual relationship with them. I'm not passing judgement on anyone here. Maybe I'm a cynic, maybe I'm a realist, and maybe I have it all wrong, but for me it's pretty black and white when it comes to an adult having sex with an underage person. This is just my view of course.