Originally Posted by rainbowchaser
Oh boy, teenage sex.

Now that is an interesting topic. A topic that came up just recently between my partner and I actually.

The shoe is on the other foot for me and I'm somewhat in a Catch 22, but I feel my decision is the correct one pertaining to my situation.

My partner and I don't live under the same roof, but he's aware that my 15 year old daughter has been sexually active in the past.

Although my daughter is not currently sexually active, I have not permitted her to use any form of contraception.

My partner thought this was a wrong move on my part. He gave me the lecture about responsible parenting with a potentially sexually active teenager.

I personally don't think I'm a stupid woman and I like to think that I do have a great deal of common sense... And I am pretty sure that other parents will agree with me when I say that what we would normally do is often what we find ourselves deliberately NOT doing when we are involved with DoCS.

I let my partner go on about it and admittedly I was in complete agreement with him.

Then I dropped my bombshell...

He is aware that I am involved with DoCS and I said to him quite frankly that even though my daughter is 15 and DoCS are scared of her - it would not do my son or my other daughters any favours if DoCS were to get wind of the fact that I had put my 15 year old daughter on some form of contraception.

Forget the fact that I would be showing responsibility as a parent.

All DoCS would see was a parent condoning under age sexual activity in a 15 year old child by permitting the child to have a prescription for contraception whether the child was indulging in sexual activity or not.

you are right, very interesting topic. The age factor to consented sex. Depends on the state you live in. 16.8 yrs old, if your gay, 17yrs old.
But, why does a 14 yr old have to pay adult fares to movies.?
At 16 you can smoke but cant buy them,in SA at 16 you can obtain a license and either kill or be killed on the roads. at 17 you can be placed in a prison,
But only to DOCS your a child till 18.
Then you have center link at 25 yr old you still classed as a child providing you live with a parent and goto school.

Now as you stated, girls as young as 13 become sexually active.we have even seen 14-15-16 yr old pregnant, Wheres the father?.
So! if the 15-16 yr old is sexually active and whether the man or woman is 17 to 77.
How then does that become pedophilia ???. When there is a division on the age factor that government cant make their mind on.