Oh boy, teenage sex.

Now that is an interesting topic. A topic that came up just recently between my partner and I actually.

The shoe is on the other foot for me and I'm somewhat in a Catch 22, but I feel my decision is the correct one pertaining to my situation.

My partner and I don't live under the same roof, but he's aware that my 15 year old daughter has been sexually active in the past.

Although my daughter is not currently sexually active, I have not permitted her to use any form of contraception.

My partner thought this was a wrong move on my part. He gave me the lecture about responsible parenting with a potentially sexually active teenager.

I personally don't think I'm a stupid woman and I like to think that I do have a great deal of common sense... And I am pretty sure that other parents will agree with me when I say that what we would normally do is often what we find ourselves deliberately NOT doing when we are involved with DoCS.

I let my partner go on about it and admittedly I was in complete agreement with him.

Then I dropped my bombshell...

He is aware that I am involved with DoCS and I said to him quite frankly that even though my daughter is 15 and DoCS are scared of her - it would not do my son or my other daughters any favours if DoCS were to get wind of the fact that I had put my 15 year old daughter on some form of contraception.

Forget the fact that I would be showing responsibility as a parent.

All DoCS would see was a parent condoning under age sexual activity in a 15 year old child by permitting the child to have a prescription for contraception whether the child was indulging in sexual activity or not.