I appreciate your point of view jarmet and yes the story that you have told is one that isn't as clear cut as it may seem. But I don't agree with you that it is easy to maintain a sexual relationship with an underage person simply because you didn't know that they were underage. Ignorance is not an excuse, and really, you have to question why a person would be having a "relationship" be it sexual or not if they didn't know something as simple as the persons age or at least enough about them to clarify if the age that thet told you was correct. I can understand that defence of ignorance if they had slept with an underage person once or twice, this making it more of a casual thing. But to maintain a sexual relationship, having sexual intercourse with this person on numerous occasions and not really knowing how old the person was, sorry but I don't buy that.

I agree that the 19 year old in your story got screwed over. He certainly didn't deserve the charges he had against him. I didn't say that the law was always right. My view is that any adult having a sexual relationship with a underage person is wrong. Because at the end of the day, an adult should know better. This is just my view.