Well I hate Govt Dept...I knew it was going to be child safety, just my severe hate for them gave the clue away...you sounded just like me in your posts so that was obvious too...

Anyway update on my case, I fought it on my own, came to hearing and the magistrate wouldn't grant their 2 year order but instead ordered the dept to reunify over the next few months. The hearing only lasted 1 hour the most and I only got to question 2 officers but it was fun, especially when I jammed them for every lie they displayed with the truth back at them...they couldn't answer nothing straight and had their famous excuse of "That's not my job" or "I'm unaware of this" or "it's not in my notes". Absolutely pathetic but I didn't go in finding answers just to display the truth b/c be the day they were taking my kids for 2 years over their hypocritical lies...my children have severely suffered while in care due to the separation from us as parents and have told Dchs and Children's Commission they have never been abused, felt scared or threatened by us but absolutely safe with us! You think anyone listened? Of course not.

Anyway still have a fight to go but have backed off while the order is still being sort of abided by reunification wise.

The other bit of advise, is when parents get socially assessed by Social workers (part of the court procedure) watch for the diagnosis of possible mental illness to make the case for the dept and also it prevents legal aid for the parent which is why I ended up having to fight my own case and also proving I didn't have this so-called mental illness.

The dept may not need actual evidence to prove their so-called claim but they do if their is evidence to prove they lied and then they have to have burden/onus of proof from there on in!

Last edited by LovingMyKids; Sat 30 Aug 2008 09:35:PM.