Hello,

I have come across data that quotes statistics on how many in every 100 children/ families have dealings with this most hated government department. Do you want me to find out some more statistics like this?

I can also write extracts from my personal journal from when docs was involved in our lives - I can tell you the events surrounding me finding out my child was abused whilst in foster care nad how docs were hushing it up. Is this relevant to place on this forum?
Also I got a letter back from CMC today, it reads -

Dear .........,

RE: YOUR CONCERNS

Thank you for your letter of 26 September, in which you request information about your complaint to the CMC concerning officers of the Department fo Child Safety.
As advised in our letter to you of 28 December 2007, the matter has been referred to the department to deal with, subject to the CMC's monitoring role. The department has a legislative obligation to advise you about how it has decided to deal with your concerns.
In order to further your queries about the progress of the matter, please contact Mr......, themanager of the department's Ethical Standards Unit on (07) 3247 5977.
I trust the above infromation is of assistance.
Yours sincerely,

I must admit with these letters that I receive I keep openning them up thinking that some letter is going to read 'stop fucking with us (docs i.e.)- we will screw you once and for all..'.

Nothing like a bit of paranoid thinking surrounding any dealings/ complaints against this most hated government department!!
But I think a bit of paranoia is warranted as I have seen first hand what can happen.
The ex CSO told me that some of them are 'vindictive'.
I know at the end of the day there is nothing safe about the department of child safety.
It is not about what is in the best interests of the child.
And as my old psych. lecturer used to say - 'and who's needs are we meeting?' - that was in response to the way in which we might deal with patients in our care.
Q: So I ask this question now in regards to docs and 'whose needs are these corrup docs workers meeting?'.
A: I think it is to boost up their own egos. Probably (women) with very little power in their own lives.
cheers.