Hi,

Just a quick up date on the viewing count.

there is 1,644 views in the past 24 hours.

Not bad for a Friday afternoon.

Yesterday was the record setter with 2,000 views.

It is up to 84,497 views.

And what does someone like me do over the weekend?
Just what does a bad parent do with their child?

Well we might do a few garage sales.
Go to the library and get out around 40 books for the next fortnight, alway have consumed this many books since child was around 2 and half.(kids books).
swim in the pool morning and night.
Go to the creek and investigate on low tide.
visit some friends.
Play lego or cars together.
Draw
and of course let the child indulge in child's computer game addiction and tv viewing both which are only allowed on weekends (unless sick).

Somwhere in all this - whilst child is going hard on computer/tv viewing I will cook up some food to freeze and tidy bits of the house up and get ready for work Monday morning.

child's father who docs deemed as a more suitable parent. Will not be around. does not pay any maintenance whatsoever (exempt until Nov 2009 - another issue of mine). will not ring. But when does front up to see child continues to question my parenting ability - 'are you reading to child; do you give lots of hugs to child; are you getting child involved in some sport like tennis' (and states child needs to get involved in something child enjoys - but no mention of assisting in paying for any of it). Actually idiot, oops meant to say father, even wrote me a letter about getting child into a private school - again no mention of paying for it. This is the man who bathed child once in 6 days whilst child was there on school holidays and child lost 1.1 kilos whilst there in 1 week!!!
And then when I get the police report back under FOI father is reported as saying he has had no suspicions of me abusing child ever before and will report any suspicions.
Viewers it is me who is suspicious of the father.
Wouldn't you if the paternal grandparent said to you about the father 'he is the sort that shouldn't have anything to do with women or children". That was said to me a year or so prior to docs involvement.
It was me who rang to whinge about the father.
When father does have access visits with child, I send clothes and food because I know the father is not that capable.
And whilst docs had child removed and into father's care - father had to get child taken in ambulance when child was sick one night. Later father asks if I can help pay the $300 bill for child's ambulance ride as he doesn't have any money.
I also gave the paternal grandmother a couple of hundred dollars for child's food, as well as send all the clothes and all the toys down.
So I question that bit about being willing and able. docs decided the father as being 'able'.
I laugh at all this. what crap. the man is a looser - he can't see that he should focus on when the child is in his care and not worry about how I parent.
And didn't he badger me to come to my home after docs breached my privacy an gave out my address to this woman abusing male.
"I just want to see what child's room looks like'.
Well, what about having a look through photos.

And viewers you must think - she must really bate him. Well ok, in the past I have challenged him on things he says. but after I said to docs chosen psychologist that I would "SIT UP. SHUT UP and PUT UP". I do. I just give out one of my knowing type smiles and go home and document.

Because that's what you women really have to do in this country in regards to abusive males, the law won't protect you. So learn early you just have to SIT UP. PUT UP and SHUT UP.

One of my biggest regrets is that I told this male that he was going to be a father. If I hadn't my existance would have been a lot more peaceful!
But we can't turn back the clock.

And you are doomed with docs if you are in an abusive relationship.
If you stay they take the child off you saying you are not the protective parent.
If you leave and run for your life as I did whilst pregnant (father got my address/ aliases subpoened off Centrelink by a solicitor - NO such thing as privacy act - it has limitations) and then the father continues to give you grief and you are stressed out and foolishly ring docs like idiot me did. then docs take your child off you and find the father the more suitable parent and turn a blind eye to the male's behaviours to you and previous disinterest in parenting child.
docs then take over the bullying role and side with the father. It feeds into these males' egos.
It's a sick sort of joke that I don't get.
Father now forever sees me as a bad parent. He thinks it is his right to check up on my parenting.

Wow, I really went off!!

I probably sound like a spoilt brat.

But then docs enquired why I was wanting to look at adoption whilst pregnant. They used this against me. I said after father was extremely abusive toward me, I changed my landline, sought legal assistance as what to do, wanted to look at all my options. I rang about adoption in all this. But the law says if you know who the father is then you cannot adopt if he is not willing for this to happen.
So I couldn't even consider adopting child out.
but then father never wanted to actually have sole custody of child. I asked him this on several occassions whilst being abusive with me.
(when docs became involved he pretended he wanted the child and went and took me to the family courts for full custody under the blessing of docs).
So these males are allowed to block a woman from possible adoption, leave her solely with the child, leave her with full responsibility of parenting, not willing to pay any maintenance and pretend to be a loving father.

I'm sorry but the current systems back the male all the way. Do I make my point clear?

But putting all that aside. I love my child. I have always done the best I can.
But I do ask why do I have to bust my gut by working full time, now be also limited in what sort of job I can do as it needs to be family friendly. Never have any 'me' time. Somehow run this house as well as work 40 hours a week in a very demanding job. Then when I am not at work and with child to be full care giver.
And whilst I am doing this the father is probably out there on his surf board lying in the sea and probably striking up a conversation with the bloke next to him and talking about 'bad mothers'.

this was my beef when I spoke/ rang docs. I thought oh good, look this woman looks like a die hard feminist (dyke looking) I thought I have a sister here to whinge to.

boy oh boy was i wrong. She sided up with the male.
My issues still remain the same.
But I just sit up, shut up and put up with the father's continuous comments.

And to put it into perspective. Whilst I certainly do not like this father of my child I am polite to his face. I can make small talk and joke. So that is why when docs were covering up the abuse child received in foster care they didn't realise that whilst I do not like this man we talk for the sake of the child. It was the father who informed me about the abuse happening and docs covering it up. That CSO must have thought she had him in her pocket against me.

Last edited by thisisgood; Fri 21 Nov 2008 12:01:AM.