And Mr Andrew McCallum from the Association of Chilren's Welfare Agencies says that this snatch and grab method of taking children off parents is short sighted - "It's short-term political thinking and it's very damaging for children".

"Honestly, if we were to start from scratch and design a system to protect children fro harm, would it involved taking them away from their parents at every opportunity? Of course it wouldn't."

"We'd have a preventative model, the same as we do with public health. Everybody understands the role of preventation when it comes to health. Everybody understands that you have to encourage people to stop smoking, to eat healthily. But with child welfare, there's this idea that parents must be punished by taking the children."

"What we could do instead is throw resources at these households. It may mean insuring the children are taken to school each day; that the mother attends a drug treatment centre; that breakfast pregrams are put into place; that mental health services visit the home."

It's a good article.
I applaud this man Mr Andrew McCaullum, who is the Chief Executive of the above mentioned organisation.
He puts it into simply english and terms.
It is not rocket science this effective pro- active, simplistic, preventative meaures to keep children safe and together within the family unit.

HELLO HEAR US GOVERNMENT.
OTHER PEOPLE/ ORGANISATIONS ARE SAYING THE SAME MESSAGE.

I AM NOT JUST SOME FREAK ON MY COMPUTER, WHO SHOULD BE IGNORED.