Wow thisisgood, my sentiments exactly regarding DChs and DV...I felt I was still in a DV relationship except that the partner was now DChs and I'd separated from my partner before that and amicably mind you.

In our case I do believe that Dchs were trying to get a mind set on us that we had DV issues when we didn't. We used to years ago and we worked very hard on dealing with that without support or help from the dept or society in general succeeding in this and the Dept I think were trying to cover this with current claims of DV which of course they couldn't prove, not even with police reports, the Qld police wouldn't even enter into it for the Dept...I don't blame them either...the Dept made a mockery out of DV issues for their case which I found disgusting!

The best thing for any woman having either left DV or considering it is to get counseling for yourself, build your self-esteem and don't let anyone trample on your views, wishes, values and beliefs. Be kind to yourself and know that your feelings are normal for the situation you have either left behind or are still in.

In regards to children, they will react when you separate or if you don't so be gentle with them and just love them, hug them, kiss them, that's all children really want in turbulent times is to know they are still loved.

Living with DV is a nervous issue for children and will take time as it does for the victim to get over this which needs alot of support from those they are involved with and if they are involved with DChs you would think they also would be supportive and gentle with these parents in this dilemma...but from personal experience and with false claims of extenuating DV issues made against me and not the ex-partner or previous ex-partner to older child, I can declare the Dchs don't support parents but antagonise the situation more to get a case won.

Where did you get this info from Thisisgood...can I get in a book from the library or online...I've noted her name but a title would be great...

Thanks for this!