Julie, Julie, Julie, Have I got your name right or is that a pseudonym? Ooooh watch out, A CHILD ABUSER can spell, that means she had an education and excelled but I'm still considered a child abuser...but only in the Department of Child safety's eyes! Not in the police, not in the reunification officer's, not in my neighbours, not in the counselors, and not in my community, not even with the Magistrate, just with the Department of Child Safety.

Your right, they are hard working women doing a hard job when they are pursuing child abusers, but what about parents who are maybe just struggling, need help/intervention when asking for it but instead get a boot from 'women with power' who only see a case to be won, pick up any little dirty laundry and filthy it more by misconstruing innocent facts and then cause havoc in families by separating children from each other b/c they're too many for one foster family too handle and also cut contact with all other family members to make the kids pliable for their case?

There is a vast difference to parents and child abusers and maybe that should be ascertained before names are getting thrown around. In my case, Julie, I have had to put up with lies from workers who are initially inexperienced, just out of uni, getting conned into the $10,000 bonus every 6 months for a worthy cause, or so they thought until the team leader and manager wants to start pulling their weight around with these poor front line workers getting them to lie, falsify documents and scheme against parents when contact is appropriate to make it look it wasn't because the parent is showing up the dept.

There are unfortunately many cases out there that are going through this ordeal EVERY DAY with these kids suffering worse in care than when they were at home. There's nothing really wrong with the practice manual or the CPA99, it's the workers, management, ministerial, you name it, who don't want to go by the law to do their job, throwing their weight around and thinking they have the power, they don't when it comes to shoving the law where it fits in court and that's something they forget and plus a higher power.

Please invite your friend to read what I've written here and if she thinks she maybe heading this way in her job, she can be different and make a difference in kids lives when there is no abuse happening.

Last edited by LovingMyKids; Sun 07 Sep 2008 11:27:PM.