Hi long time reader, first time poster.

I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech. I'm also a firm believer in people having their own opinions on certain subjects. However, I'm really concerned about what Julie has had to say.

For a person who knows the Department of Child Safety and exactly how it works, I'm deeply horrified to think that there are people out there who actually think that the point of foster carers is just a means to allow the Department to remove children before an investigation is conducted!

Julie, your post goes to show that you have no idea how the Department works. The Department WILL NOT be operating in this way. Not only is it unethical but it's also ILLEGAL! THe Departmet has no right to remove children just because a notification has come in on a family. As it has been said before in this forum, if the parents have abused their children then yes, remove the children for their safety. But there are instances where the notifications recieved are fales, malicious, made up crap!

You would not be bringing good to the department and I'm deeply concerned that any office would hire you. It's people like you that are the reason that there are problems in the Department.