Hello,

another day. Hope this finds the viewers well and enjoying their Friday. It is very hot here in South East Queensland. And sadly it is the last day of my holidays too.

By the way I have added some extra services to the list that I posted yesterday.

So what's in today's Australian re: child welfare issues?

Page 3 - The Australian (21.11.08)
another report from Caroline Overington

"Children ignored in Care Report"

Former judge James Wood QC is preparing to hand down a landmark report on child welfare, having not met any of the 12,800 children in state care.
The Australianunderstands that Justice Wood did meet four young people at his city office who were once in care, but none was a state ward.
He has not visited any foster homes or foster children as part of his investigation into child welfare.
Indeed, it is not clear that he has met any young chidren caught in the welfare system, or visited any of the motels, caravan parks, foster homes, and group homes where they live."

It goes onto to say that "The Australian spent several weeks visiting foster children in their homes, some of which were overcrowded and dirty."

And apparently Create Foundation had a meeting with young people (in care) April 2007 and "the young people had stressed the importance of stability in their foster care placements. They also apprectiated ongoing contact with their birth parents."

To me the message from this article is clear. These powers that be have got no idea of what is really going on.

Good on you Ms Overington for telling it as it is.